Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancingmedicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
This position provides a wide variety ofadministrative support services including budget preparation and controlactivities, preparation and control of records, statistics and reportsregarding operations and personnel matters. May serve as administrative liaisonwith others related to purchasing, human resources, facilities and operations.Typically reports to a division head.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Researches, locates and compiles information forreports. Assembles and categorizes figures for computation and calculations.Prepares statistical reports
* Prepares and monitors budgets and grantallocations, and maintains accruals. Prepares documents required to maintainbalanced accounts for review and approval
* Maintains departmental employee files, andensures compliance with regulatory standards. Initiates and follows through onhuman resources and payroll transactions. Generates weekly payroll submission.Maintains liaison with human resources and payroll to coordinate and resolveissues and problems
* Assists in the planning and logisticalarrangements for forums, conferences, seminars, meetings and/or visitingprofessorships. Assist in the development and coordination of informationalpackets for participants. Transcribes and distributes minutes
* Investigates, evaluates and resolves typicaladministrative or operational problems or situations affecting the work unit
* Checks materials submitted for supervisor'sattention to ensure all relevant data, authorizations and pertinent informationare included
* Ensures adequate restock of supplies fordepartment. Takes inventory or examines merchandise to identify items to bereordered or replenished
* Requisitions merchandise from supplier andcollaborates with Purchasing to secure the best pricing for equipment andsupplies. Tracks expiration of vendors' contracts and renews as needed
* Serves as a liaison with other departments orexternal parties to as necessary to accomplish objectives and or completeprojects or assignments
* May participate in the completion of grantapplications, special projects and JCAHO and other survey preparations
* May make travel arrangements and accommodations.Prepares travel reimbursements and expense reports
* May screen and prioritize incoming mail forneeded action and follow up. Responds to mail where appropriate or distributesmail requiring attention to appropriate individual(s)
* May screen telephone calls, answer inquiries ordirect caller to the appropriate individual for further information and/orresolution
* May screen and schedule patient appointments,schedule referrals of special testing or doctor's visits, and keep record ofpatient billing for submission
* Performs other related duties
* Associate's degree or equivalent combination ofexperience; Bachelor's preferred
* 4 years related administrative or businessexperience
* Required Competencies include:
* Knowledge of office and administrative practices
* Knowledge and skill in accounting and budgetingtechniques
* Skill in use of personal computers and software
* Adaptability: Maintains effectiveness whenexperiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjustseffectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, orcultures
* Applies Learning: Assimilates and applies newjob-related information in a timely manner
* Builds Customer Loyalty: Effectively meetscustomer needs; builds productive customer relationships; takes responsibilityfor customer satisfaction and loyalty
* Builds Strategic Work Relationships: Develops anduses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals
* Communication: Clearly conveys information andideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner thatengages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message
* Contributes to Team Success: Activelyparticipates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion ofgoals
* Decision Making: Identifies and understandsissues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources todraw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action ordeveloping appropriate solutions; takes action that is consistent withavailable facts, constraints, and probable consequences
* Initiates Action: Takes prompt action toaccomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required;is proactive
* Manages Work (includes Time Management:Effectively manages one's time and resources to ensure that work is completedefficiently
* Quality Orientation: Accomplishes tasks byconsidering all areas involved, no matter how small; shows concern for allaspects of the job; accurately checks processes and tasks; is watchful over aperiod of time
* Stress Tolerance: Maintains stable performanceunder pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handlesstress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health Systembelieves that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotionto delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we're as diverse as the city wecall home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us,you become a part of Mount Sinai's unrivaled record of achievement, educationand advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retainthe best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment whereyou can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees,regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patientcare.
Explore more about this opportunityand how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, themission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patientcare with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivalededucation, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The MountSinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine atMount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai BethIsrael, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount SinaiQueens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St.Luke's, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is anequal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individualand cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued andappreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexualorientation.