- Mount Sinai Health System
- $83,450.00 -117,470.00/year*
Healthcare - Nursing
21 Warren St
Assistant Nurse Manager - Emergency Medicine
Locations: New York, New York
Categories: Nursing - Emergency Medicine
Groundbreaking science. Advancingmedicine. Healing made personal.
The Mount Sinai Health System
Nursing Emergency Services - 76034
Job Title: Assistant Nurse Manager - Nights
* Assists the Division of Emergency Medicine/Nurse Manager and providesdirect training/supervision/management to all nurses and nurse relatedfunctions in the Department
* Plans, directs, coordinates, evaluates and facilitates the delivery ofnursing care through the creative utilization of professional nursing expertise
* Participates in the orientation and evaluation of new nursing staff.
* Contributes toward the maintenance of a professional setting thatallows for growth and development of patients and staff.
* Maintains standards of nursing care and practice by supervising andevaluating nursing personnel
* Recognizes patient's problems and participates in their resolution
* Participates in formulating, interpreting, and implementing nursingservice programs including but not limited to:
* Participation in the department's performance improvement activities
* Maintaining nursing unit in compliance with the regulations of New YorkState Department of Health and the Commission on Accreditation of Health CareOrganizations
* Interpreting the hospitals nursing policy and standards relative topatient care in clinics
* Overseeing the assignment/delegation of nursing functions andresponsibilities in assigned clinics in the absence of the Head/Charge Nurse
* Participating in the hospitals Continuous Quality Improvement Programand maintains Standards of Care
* Making recommendations regarding standards of patient care and policiesfor the Patient Care Services Department and appropriate support services
* Interprets the role of the nurse to the patient, to other clinic staffand to the community, while demonstrating a professional, courteous, andrespectful attitude.
* Acts as a resource person for staff with regard to Program and Nursingpolicies and procedures
* Graduate of an accredited RegisteredNurse Program, minimum of Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Masters' preferred.Applicable work experience may be considered in lieu of educationalrequirements.
* Minimum of two years' experience inEmergency Nursing.
* Understands the need to know,communicate and implement Program and Nursing Service philosophy, policy andobjectives.
* Possesses maturity, expert nursingskills, and the ability to function as a leader and teacher.
* Previous supervisory or charge nurseexperience preferred.
* Is able to exercise professionaljudgment with assurance and integrity.
* Current New York Statelicense/registration.
* Current ACLS BLS PALS certificationrequired.
* TNCC certification preferred.
* Membership in appropriateprofessional health organizations, (i.e. ENA).
* Current registration, as a RegisteredProfessional Nurse, to practice in New York State.
* Certification in Emergency Nursing(i.e. CEN, TCRN, and/or CPEN) preferred.
The Mount Sinai Health System believes thatdiversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to deliveringexceptional patient care. Yet we're as diverse as the city we call home-culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become apart of Mount Sinai's unrivaled record of achievement, education andadvancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people,and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can developprofessionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job titleor expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you canhelp us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of theMount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care withseamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education,research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai HealthSystem combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinaiwith seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, MountSinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, MountSinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke's, and NewYork Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equalopportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and culturaldifferences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated,whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Associated topics: bsn, cardiothoracic, coronary, intensive, intensive care unit, nurse clinical, nurse rn, psychatric, recovery, transitional
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.