Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
IT Security - Req #73228
Associate IT Director
This position is anAssociate Director for Security Risk Assessments that reports directly to theCISO of Mount Sinai Health System.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Defines a process andarchitecture for assessing risk and controls for networks, applicationsand infrastructure and supports in the architecture modeling process forensuring the appropriate identification and integration of various Cyberproducts and security services within a technologically diverse ITenvironment.
* Serves as an internalinformation security risk consultant on the standards, complex issues andbest practices for the organization.
* Identifies emerging risksinvolving data access control technologies, information systems securityissues, safeguards, and techniques.
* Understands federal securitystandards involving FISMA security programs or compliance with NIST SP800-53 security standards
* Recommends security solutionsthat will resolve security issues on a timely basis to enhance security.
* Knowledge of informationassurance (IA) principles and organizational requirements that arerelevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, andnon-repudiation
* Knowledge of informationtechnology (IT) security principles and methods (e.g. firewalls,Demilitarized Zones, encryption)
* Familiarity about networkaccess, identity, and access management (e.g. Active Directory, accessfederation, multifactor authentication, PKI)
* Familiarity with operatingsystems (Microsoft Windows, Linux, UNIX, MacOS X)
* Knowledge of how traffic flowsacross the network (e.g. TCP & TCP/IP, OSI, etc.)
* Knowledge of secureconfiguration management techniques
* Knowledge of securitymanagement
* Knowledge of softwareengineering
* Knowledge in assessing therobustness of security systems and designs
* Knowledge of HIPAA/HITECH,Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and Payment Card Industry (PCI)data security standards
* Knowledge of IT supply chainand third party vendor security/risk management policies, requirements,and procedures
* Knowledge of network securityarchitecture concepts, including topology, protocols, components, andprinciples (e.g. application of defense-in-depth)
* Perform security reviews andidentify security gaps in security architecture, resulting inrecommendations for inclusion into the risk mitigation strategy
* Provide IA guidance toleadership
* CISSP Preferred
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalentexperience in Computer Science, Technology or related STEM program.
* Experience in working withgroups of people or teams to accomplish goals
* Previous customer serviceexperience preferred
* Supervisory experiencepreferred
* Basic abilities with MSOutlook, MS Excel, MS Word
* Familiarity with MicrosoftWindows Operating Systems and VISIO
* Excellent analytical,communication and organizational skills
* Team player who creates apositive team environment
* Commitment to learning andacquiring new skill
* Able to articulate a desire towork in the healthcare cyber-security field
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we're as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai's unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke's, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Associated topics: attack, idm, information assurance, information security, information technology security, malicious, phish, security officer, threat, vulnerability