Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancingmedicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The AssociateResearcher is an entry laboratory research position, responsible for conduct ofroutine and assisting in routine and standardized experiments using techniquesspecific to the assigned research project under the supervision of thePrincipal Investigator or a senior researcher. This individual typicallyconducts laboratory research and the position may include lab and clericalsupport. S/he analyzes and assists in interpreting research outcomes.
* Conducts routine and standardized experimentsusing appropriate research techniques specific to subject matter of theresearch project
* Analyzes and assists in interpreting laboratoryresults of moderate complexity
* Performs assays to support research studies
* Maintains laboratory environment and assists inthe upkeep of appropriate inventory; may include ordering of supplies
* Logs and tests samples; prepares and submitslaboratory materials and specimens for shipment
* Assists in the collection, analysis and review ofexperimental data for publication and presentation
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelors degree in science or related fieldrequired
* 0-2 year of research/laboratory experience
* Appropriate verbal, written and interpersonalskills
* Organizational, problem solving and analyticalskills
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health Systembelieves that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotionto delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we're as diverse as the city wecall home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us,you become a part of Mount Sinai's unrivaled record of achievement, educationand advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retainthe best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment whereyou can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees,regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patientcare.
Explore more about this opportunityand how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, themission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patientcare with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivalededucation, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The MountSinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine atMount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai BethIsrael, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount SinaiQueens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St.Luke's, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is anequal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individualand cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued andappreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexualorientation.
Associated topics: clinical, cytometry, dietary, drug development, healthcare, immunology, microbiology, physiologist, toxicologist, transfection