- Mount Sinai Health System
- $113,740.00 -127,920.00/year*
21 Warren St
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Research Informatics Business Analyst for the Scientific Computing department assists with the overarching goal of accelerating translational research and improving clinical care.
The incumbent will analyze, document, design deliver, and support major systems and technologies including Sinai-specific and NIH-funded national resources and projects in high performance computing and data warehousing, utilizing a thorough understanding Project Management and Business Analysis industry standards and best practices. Specific duties are listed below.
* W Works closely with healthcare researchers and business users to identify, specify, and clearly document the complex business requirements, use cases, and processes for diverse applications and systems
* Manages and proactively drives the overall progress and deliverables for major national and regional projects and data sharing initiatives such as the Data Submission and Repository portal of the NIEHS-funded national Children's Health Exposure Analysis Resource (CHEAR), and the data submissions and study support for the NYC-Clinical Data Research Network (CDRN)
* Performs functional analysis and system design. Authors functional requirements and system design documents. Documents, tests, and implements on-going evaluations in support of the recommended solutions
* Proactively initiates and drives meetings, presentations, and project progress on a daily basis
* Collects user feedback and designs enhancements to Sinai-developed research software such as the Cohort Query Tool and eRAP electronic data capture systems
* Performs analysis of various disparate healthcare data sources, in order to determine their interrelation, and how best to integrate and leverage them for research and quality purposes within Mt. Sinai's Data Warehouse. Authors' data integration plans and ETL specifications
* Analyzes Clinical Researchers' data requirements and determines how best to present, visualize, and store data results
* Researches and evaluates alternative technical and process solutions, based on industry best practices, in coordination with other technologists. Recommends and presents the most efficient and cost-effective solutions to solve the functional business units' strategic objectives
Performs related duties as assigned or requested
* Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience; Master's degree preferred
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills, analytical ability, strong judgment and management skills, and the ability to work effectively as a liaison between both healthcare and technology teams
* Demonstrated excellence in the creation of BRDs, FRDs, Use Case diagrams, Presentations, and other related diagrams and documentation
* Self-driven and proactive
* Healthcare provider domain experience is required (such as knowledge of Clinical Terminology, Population Health Management, Electronic Medical Record systems, IT interfaces and information exchange protocols/standards)
* 5 years' experience in Business Analysis and/or Project Management
* Experience with SDLC, Agile and Waterfall Project Management methodologies, task and project management software (JIRA, Confluence, Microsoft Project) are a strong plus
* Familiarity with Relational Databases, Data Warehouses, Entity Relationship Diagrams, and basic SQL queries strongly encouraged
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we're as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai's unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke's, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Associated topics: analysis, business analytic, business finance, business intelligence, examiner, forecasting, inspect, investment fund, regulation, strategy
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.