- Mount Sinai Health System
Healthcare - Nursing
21 Warren St
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Chemotherapy Suite Assistant Nurse Manager - Mount Sinai Downtown Requisition #: 78138
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Supervisesthe nursing practice of RN's and supportive ancillary staff that provide careto an adult population in an ambulatory infusion suite.
* Oversees theday to day operation; acts as a resource person.
* Administersanti-neoplastic agents, supportive care agents, biological therapies and bloodproducts to an adult population.
* Technicallycompetent in care of peripheral and central venous accession.
* Participatesin inter-disciplinary team rounds, Quality insurance programs, leadershiprounds and monthly staff rounds. Maintain monthly statistics and data as it pertains to the unit. Responsiblefor annual evaluation and assurance of competencies of all staff.
* Acts as acatalyst for the development of innovative activities, policies and proceduresthat contribute to the continuous improvement of the delivery of patient care.Plays a significant role in the development, evaluation and implementation ofstandards of practice and related policies and procedures in the ambulatoryinfusion suite.
* Bachelor of Science with a major in nursing required; Masters in nursing or health related field preferred.
* Licensed as a registered nurse with current registration in New York State
* Chemotherapy ONS biotherapy provider and OCN preferred
* 3 years minimum clinical nursing experience with some Charge Nurse/supervisory experience preferred. Must have relevant clinical competence in area of nursing practice assigned
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we're as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai's unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke's, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Associated topics: assistant director, chief, cno, critical, critical care, deputy, manager, nmh, officer, services manager
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.