Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancingmedicine. Healing made personal.
The Division ofHematology and Medical Oncology, Clinical Program Manager 2339024 (NYState RN License Required)
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Clinical Program Manager provides clinical support and administrativedirection for the Immunotherapy group within the Tisch Cancer Institute'sClinical Trials Office (TCI CCTO).
In collaboration with the Immunotherapy Medical Director, clinicaltrials investigators, and TCI CCTO Administration; this candidate isresponsible for the implementation and conduct of clinical trials withinvestigational anti-cancer agents in the Cancer Institute. The Candidate musthave expert knowledge of cancer as a disease process, cancer treatmentmodalities, and the process of conducting clinical research. The Candidatewill follow a caseload of patients in the ambulatory setting and assist inthe administration and plan of the research program.
The Clinical Program Manager will report into the CCTO's ExecutiveDirector (for research responsibilities) and Ruttenberg Treatment Center'sNursing Administration (for clinical responsibilities).
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Supervises ClinicalResearch Coordinator positions and other CRNs to ensure protocol compliance,accurate data collection and sample acquisition
* Develops educationalprograms for the Nursing Staff regarding specific protocols
* Manage clinical trialsportfolio and assure timely regulatory start-up of protocols
* Monitor accruals andidentify opportunities to grow research program
* Liaison with industrysponsors and CROs
* Liaison with CCTO office(including pre-award, post award and QAP)
Clinical Research Responsibilities:
* Responsible forcoordinating study enrollment, establishing a database of atients, protocoltreatment and follow-up care for patients participating in clinical trials
* Collaborates withprimary nursing staff to provide nursing care to patients receiving therapy ona clinical research trial
* Assists the principalinvestigator in the process of assuring adequate informed consent
* Assures the primarynursing staff understands how to administer investigational agents perspecifications of the protocol
* Assures that bloodsampling and specimen preparation is accomplished per specifications of theprotocol; and monitors test results, as appropriate
* Documents clinical studyand therapy in patient's chart and all other databases as required
* In collaboration withthe Nursing Staff, assesses patients on study for complications related totherapy
* Communicatesobservations/findings to attending physicians and in medical records arerequired
* Ensures that drug dosingand sample collections times are recorded on study worksheets
* Provides in-servicetraining and serves as a resource to other clinical personnel includingphysicians, nurses, pharmacists, and other allied health care professionals
* Communicates withreferring and affiliated physicians to ensure documentation of clinicalfindings throughout the clinical trial
* Collaborates withattending physicians to identify and recruit patients eligible for clinicaltrial
* Establishes andmaintains database of prospective patients for clinical trials within CTMS
* Oversees scheduling ofpatient laboratory and radiologic assessments, admissions, and clinic visits
* Establishes mechanismsto ensure complete and accurate data collection and documentation
* The Clinical ProgramManager is responsible for assuring compliance with mandated clinical interventionsinclusive of core measures within the department and the Medical Center
* This individualinterfaces directly with MSMC Departments, Administrators, Nursing, Medical andQuality Leadership, and Clinical Staff, overseeing administrative and daily operationsof the core measures and clinical intervention compliance program
* In conjunction withNursing, Medical and Quality Leadership, coordinates core measures and clinicalintervention compliance activities
* Assists in developmentand design of action plans to support compliance with measures indicators andprovides support and educational resources to departments and services relativeto core measures quality assessment and improvement processes
* Assists in establishingand implementing short and long term goals, objectives, policies and operatingprocedures for core measures programs
* Provides coordinationand leadership in the execution of day to day program activities, asappropriate to program objectives and areas of expertise
* Oversees the collection,compilation, and analysis of clinical program activity data
* Provides technicalassistance, resource services, consultation and education to clinicaldepartments relative to core measures activities
* NP with BCLS, ACLS, DEA,OCN or AOCNP or Master's Degree
* New York State RN Licensewith current registration
* Progressive managerialand clinical job related experience specific to area of responsibilities
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health Systembelieves that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotionto delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we're as diverse as the city wecall home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us,you become a part of Mount Sinai's unrivaled record of achievement, educationand advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retainthe best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment whereyou can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees,regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patientcare.
Explore more about this opportunityand how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, themission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patientcare with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivalededucation, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The MountSinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine atMount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai BethIsrael, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount SinaiQueens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St.Luke's, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is anequal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individualand cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued andappreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexualorientation.
Associated topics: business development, case manager, development, liaison, office manager, project, program development, program management, project development, project management