Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing madepersonal.
* Oversee the administrative and operational duties of a 31 bed inpatient acute Geriatric Psych unit with 42 FTEs made up of RNs, Support Staff, and Clerical Staff. The unit has an average length of stay of 10-11 days.
* Responsible for staff engagement, competencies, hiring/terminations, disciplinary actions, and other personnel related duties
* Responsible for patient experience/satisfaction, QI/QA, PI projects as necessary
* BSN, required
* MSN, required (or enrolled will be strongly considered)
* NYS RN
* 6-10 years as an RN with 3-5 years in Psychiatry
* 3-5 years as a nursing manager or supervisor (Assistant Nurse Managers included)
The Mount Sinai HealthSystem believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a commondevotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we're as diverse as thecity we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When youjoin us, you become a part of Mount Sinai's unrivaled record of achievement,education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquireand retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing workenvironment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that allemployees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on qualitypatient care.
Explore more about thisopportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employeesstrong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to providecompassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicinethrough unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diversecommunities we serve.
Formed in September2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn Schoolof Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, includingMount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount SinaiHospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount SinaiRoosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke's, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of MountSinai.
The Mount Sinai HealthSystem is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect forindividual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feelvalued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexualorientation.
Associated topics: ambulatory, bsn, care, hospice, intensive, intensive care, nurse clinical, psychiatric, staff nurse, surgery