Mount Sinai Health System Careers
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Nurse Practitioner Per Diem Oncology
Our multidisciplinary approach to patient care defines us as an organization. Contributing to our world-renowned reputation is the dedication of allied health professionals. Working collaboratively with nurses and physicians, our allied health providers are valued partners providing diagnostic and therapeutic extensions of care on a daily basis. Mount Sinai's allied health team members work side-by-side with global leaders in health care to create a patient-focused network of services that support healing in our local communities and around the globe.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You'll Do:
A Registered Nurse Practitioner engaged to work on an as-needed basis for patient care delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides clinical patient care to all assigned patients on an as-needed basis.
2. Maintains BCLS/ACLS Certification and annual program requirements, for renewal, the nurse practitioner participates in classes offered by Nursing Education.
3. Possesses the required competence in the area of assignment within the guidelines of the position description.
4. Completes the necessary orientation program as coordinated by Nursing Education prior to engagement. Complies with all institutional regulations as would a full-time employee.
5. Maintains telephone accessibility for control of assignment. Notifies the unit or care center office of any changes in contact information.
6. Submits a letter of resignation at least two weeks ahead of effective date.
What You'll Bring:
1. NYS RN and NP License
2. NP Board Certification
Previous experience in oncology or critical care in an acute care facility as an RN
Previous experience as an NP strongly preferred
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke's, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Associated topics: aprn, bilingual, board, cardiology, care nurse, clinic, cna, np, ob, prn