Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Coordinates clinical carewithin a designated specialty, in conjunction with Nursing, Social Work,Care Management, and other related disciplines, Medical and Quality leadership,coordinates care across multiple departments and services within thecontext of the specialty program including the clinical plan of care,quality assessment and improvement processes.
* Establishes and implementsshort and long term goals, objectives, policies and operating proceduresto ensure a high level of performance in nursing care delivery to thespecialty patient population.
* Organizes and leads in theexecution of day to day patient care coordination, as appropriate toprogram objectives and areas of clinical expertise.
* Provides consultation andeducation to members of the interdisciplinary team specific to theclinical specialty service, relative to the coordination of care for thespecialty patient populations.
* Promotes an interdisciplinary approach to patient care delivery.
* Serves as a resource for patients and their families.
* Acts as a patient advocate utilizing the Patient Bill of Rights.
* Participates in promoting and maintaining a safe and therapeuticenvironment.
* Serves as a resource to leadership and staff in thedevelopment and implementation of nursing standards consistent with theestablished model of care.
* Maintains leadership competency by participation incontinuing education, professional organizations and other relatedactivities.
* Supports academic affiliations for purposes ofproviding clinically enriching experiences for students of nursing andother related clinical disciplines.
* Works collaboratively with clinical leadership andsupportive resources to ensure that patients have access to comprehensiveinterdisciplinary patient and family educational programs throughout theircare trajectory.
* Supports the mission, philosophy, goals and objectives of theDepartment of Nursing or Related Discipline and The Mount Sinai Hospital.
* Maintains clinical competencies, supports relationship centeredcare, the professional practice model, the care delivery model and isresponsible and accountable for his/her own nursing practice.
* Advocates the highest standards of nursing or discipline relatedpractice.
* Approaches patients, families and other members of the health careteam in a professional, respectful manner.
* Serves as a clinical role model and resource to the nursing staff.
* Serves as a professional resource to other members of the healthcare team.
* Demonstrates professional involvement by:
* Attending andparticipating in workshops, seminars, and courses as presenter or author.
* Keeping abreast ofcurrent literature and trends in practice.
* Participating inrelated professional organizations.
* Considers ethical issues in professional nursing practice.
* Treats co-workers, patients and families with dignity and respect.
* Is open and responsive to the diverse backgrounds and experience ofother people, and promotes and environment that is sensitive to culturaldiversity.
* Maintains attendance and punctuality record in accordance withdepartmental standards.
* Adheres to dress code in accordance with departmental policy.
* Collaborates with other members of the health care team in thedevelopment, implementation, and ongoing review of policies, procedures,and standards of care for designated patient populations.
* Demonstrates knowledge of hospital, departmental and care centerstandards, policies, procedures and guidelines as well as regulatoryagency standards. Assures readiness for Joint Commission and other agencysurveys and presents related programs during Joint Commission and otheragency visits.
* Participates in the development and implementation of continuousquality improvement programs to support the professional practice modeland care delivery systems
* Participates in quality management activities including identifyingand communicating issues of performance improvement and risk in a timelymanner, using chain of command.
* Leads and participates in committee activities
* Bachelor's degree in specific discipline (i.e., Bachelor ofScience in Nursing) is required. Master'sdegree in health related field is required
* OCN is preferred
* Chemotherapy certification strongly preferred
* Minimum 1-2 years clinical oncology experience required
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we're as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai's unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke's, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Associated topics: adult nurse practioner, arnp, certified nurse midwife, english, family medicine, gerontological nurse practitioner, locum, nursing assistant cna, nurse practitioner, specialis