Ground breaking science.Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept Name- REQ #
Job Title:Offsite Medical Assistant Ansonia
The(Offsite) Medical Assistant provides clinical office support to physicians andsurgeons and performs patient care and administrative duties necessary todeliver quality patient care.
* Fulfillspatient care responsibilities as assigned which may include: checking schedulesand organizing patient flow; accompanying patients to exam/procedure room,assisting patients as needed with walking, transferring, dressing, collectingand processing specimens and point of care testing, preparing for exam, etc. Assistsphysicians with various procedures, takes vital signs, relays instructions topatients and or families; answers calls and provides pertinent information.
* Fulfillsclerical responsibilities as assigned which may include: sending and receivingpatient medical records; obtaining lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, referralinformation, etc. Completing forms and requisitions as needed, managing chartsto ensure information is completed and filed appropriately. Theseresponsibilities may be carried out using the electronic medical record (EMR)system or manually as necessary.
* Preparesdaily report of scheduled patients for huddle with care team.
* Activelyworks chase lists for DSRIP and Managed Care plans to close care gaps
* Performsscreenings for alcohol, tobacco, depression, activities of daily living andothers as needed.
* Completesdirect to colonoscopy form in EMR as directed by provider.
* Entersorders into the electronic medical record (EMR) system or prepares prescriptionrefill requests on behalf of the physician for the review and approval by theordering physician.
* Inventories,orders or re-stocks medical supplies as applicable.
* Providesset-up of examination room and instruments in accordance with propersterilization techniques established by hospital and infection controlpolicies.
* Maintains logging system as required forrefrigeration of medications, point of care testing, sterilization process,crash cart, point of care testing or others as needed.
* Checks expiration dates on allmedications and medical supplies disposing appropriately as per institutionpolicy.
* Maintains a safe, secure, and healthywork environment by following standards and procedures; complies with legalregulations.
* Complies with established personalprotective equipment requirements necessary for protection against exposure toblood and other potentially infections body fluids, chemical disinfectants,radiation and other hazardous substances.
* Assists in the maintenance of medicalcharts (filing, Op Reports, test results, home care forms).
* Schedulessurgeries/procedures or work in conjunction with Surgical Coordinator verifyingtimes with patients; preparing charts, pre-admissions and consent forms asnecessary.
* Performsproficient phlebotomy duties.
* Covers front desk when required. Performsappointment scheduling and registration for patients as well as updatingpatient demographic and insurance information.
* Maintains, adjusts and confirms patientoffice schedule.
* Verifies and update insuranceinformation utilizing internal or web sources.
* Confirmsand verifies pre-certification for procedures as necessary.
* PerformsEKG/ECG as directed by provider
Certificationas a Medical Assistant from an approved school or equivalent training andexperience
* 2years as Medical Assistant preferred
* MSOffice Suite - Basic
General Skills andCompetencies
* Abilityto communicate effectively with multicultural and language-deficit patients
* Effectiveinterpersonal and communications skills required
* Excellenttelephone etiquette
* Proficientin medical terminology and HIPAA guidelines
* Knowledgeof electronic medical record or billing systems preferred, but not required.
* Mustbe able to adapt to a growing and changing environment
* Medicaloffice environment
* Heavylifting may be required.
The Mount Sinai HealthSystem believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a commondevotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we're as diverse as thecity we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When youjoin us, you become a part of Mount Sinai's unrivaled record of achievement,education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquireand retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing workenvironment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that allemployees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on qualitypatient care.
Explore more about thisopportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employeesstrong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to providecompassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicinethrough unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diversecommunities we serve.
Formed in September2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn Schoolof Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, includingMount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount SinaiHospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt),Mount Sinai St. Luke's, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai HealthSystem is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect forindividual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feelvalued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexualorientation.
Associated topics: care, family, family practice, family practice physician, general practice, outpatient, practice, primary, urgent, urgent care