Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Under the directsupervision of a physician, provides diagnostic, therapeutic and preventivehealth care services. Provides a broad spectrum of comprehensive medicalservices, treating patients with physical ailments, which range fromsuperficial injuries to acute medical disorders. Case mix complexity consistsprimarily of routine cases in a structured environment with ample supervision.
* Assesses patient health byinterview and by obtaining and/or updating medical history. Documentspatient care services by charting in patient and department records.
* Performs physical examinationsand provides treatment and counsel. Recognizes and evaluates patients whorequire the immediate attention of a physician and, when necessary,initiates emergency medical treatment without supervision.
* Determines abnormal conditionsby administering or ordering diagnostic tests and laboratory studies.Follows-up on x-rays and laboratory data. Interprets diagnostic testresults.
* Performs therapeutic proceduressuch as injections, immunizations, suturing, post-operative care andmanagement of wound care and infections. Utilizes diagnostic techniques,such as observation, palpation, percussion or auscultation.
* Counsels patients regardingprescribed therapeutic regimens and health maintenance.
* Education: Graduate of anaccredited Physician Assistant Program
* EligibilityRequirements: Graduate from an ARC-PA (Accreditation ReviewCommission on Education for the Physician Assistant) program, orequivalent as approved by the New York State Education Department.(Additional education/experience may be required for some specialtyareas).
* Current certification by theNational Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
* Current licensure to practiceas a Physician Assistant issued by the NYS Board of Medicine
* Current unrestricted DEAcertificate for mid-level providers. (Full schedule: 2, 2N, 3, 3N, 4, 5)
* NYS Mandated Infection ControlCourse Certificate (renewable every four years)
* Current BLS and ACLScertification (for all Departments other than Pediatrics)
* Current BLS and PALScertification is required for all Physician Assistants working within theDepartment of Pediatrics.
* For Physician Assistantsworking in the public school system through the Mount Sinai HospitalAdolescent Health Center, only BLS certification is required.
* License: PhysicianAssistant
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we're as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai's unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke's, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Associated topics: assistant, assistant cvor, assistant psych, assistant surgery, assistant surgical, clinic, diagnostic, physician assistant, urgent care, walk in