Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
This position is to provide oversight and coordinate all clinical research activities related to \"Thought disorder and social cognition in clinical risk states for schizophrenia\", R01MH107558; PI: Corcoran). This position will provide training in the conduct of clinical neuroscience, specifically related to clinical risk for psychosis and other serious mental illness.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Community education and recruitment activities (presentations, media) geared toward ascertainment of youths ages 16 to 35 who are identified as at clinical high risk for psychosis, based on attenuated psychotic symptoms, with guidance from Cheryl Corcoran (PI)
* Oversee initial phone screening of potential participants, and maintain communication with potential referring clinicians, both within Mount Sinai and more broadly in the NYC metropolitan area
* Provide clinical research assessments for the R01, including the Structured Interview for Psychosis-Risk Syndromes/Scale of Psychosis-Risk Symptoms, the Positive and Negative Scale, and the Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-V, the Columbia Suicide Severity Rating Scale, among other clinical assessments, to create an initial diagnostic narrative, with guidance from the PI. Assist with clinical referrals for research participants who seek care
* Development of a psychosis risk program - Coping with Unique Experiences (CUE) - at sites throughout the Mount Sinai system at Icahn Residents' Clinic and at Mount Sinai St. Luke's in conjunction with the PEER, YAP and programs at St. Luke's, with plans for potential expansion to include Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center, Mount Sinai Beth Israel and Mount Sinai Elmhurst, among other sites, with guidance from Cheryl Corcoran
* Assist with new study design and grant preparation, including opportunities for fellowship funding
* Other duties as assigned
* MD, PhD in Clinical Psychology, or LCSW
* 2 years research experience
* Trained in conducting the Structured Interview for Psychosis-Risk Syndromes/Scale of Psychosis-Risk Symptoms (SIPS/SOPS), the Positive and Negative Symptoms Scale (PANSS), and the Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-V (SCID), and the Columbia Suicide Severity Rating Scale (CSSR-S)
* Computer and General Skills:
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office, SPSS
* Ability to communicate well with participants with psychosis risk and psychosis, families and clinicians. S/he must have strong written and verbal communication abilities and highly effective interpersonal skills
* Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
* Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we're as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai's unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke's, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Associated topics: adult psychiatry, child psychiatry, clinical, consult, consultant, mhc, neuropsychiatry, psych, psychiatry, pyschiatrist