Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancingmedicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Division of Rheumatology (Gulko lab) has anopen position for an organized and motivated scientist to fill a ResearchAssistant position. The laboratory main goal is to study new molecular targetsin Rheumatoid Arthritis and Psoriatic Arthritis and to develop new and moreeffective therapies and prognostic biomarkers. The Research Assistant will workin various projects including tissue culture, gene expression analysis,immunologic assays, microscopy, flow cytometry and molecular biology.
Under direct supervision, performs routine andstandard experiments and procedures as assigned; provides support services forresearch projects.
* Under the direction of the Principal Investigator(PI), assists with simple experiments using standard techniques in area ofspecialty assigned; assists in maintenance of data/results of experiments
* May prepare specimens and/or mix chemicals andother solutions and set up lab experiments
* Maintains inventory of all research supplies;prepares purchase orders for reagents and supplies
* Performs routine maintenance of equipment
* Washes and sterilizes glassware
* Performs other related duties
* Bachelors or Master's degree in biology, geneticsor a related field or equivalent educational experience
* Strong organizational skills, drive, and anability to accomplish tasks independently
* Ability to maintain close communications withsupervisor regarding progress
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health Systembelieves that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotionto delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we're as diverse as the city wecall home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us,you become a part of Mount Sinai's unrivaled record of achievement, educationand advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retainthe best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment whereyou can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees,regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patientcare.
Explore more about this opportunityand how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, themission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patientcare with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivalededucation, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The MountSinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine atMount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai BethIsrael, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount SinaiQueens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St.Luke's, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is anequal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individualand cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued andappreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexualorientation.
Associated topics: biopharmaceutical, dietary, food scientist, immunohematology, industrial hygienist, medical, nephrology, pharmaceutical, pharmacometrics, protein