Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Research Program Coordinator develops and/or participates in study protocols, designs management and statistical plans, analyzes data and prepares final reports from study. This position is responsible for human subjects or laboratory research, depending on department and type of study assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provides assistance and consultation on basic research or clinical trials methodologies and statistical analysis issues
* Participates in the primary analysis of evaluation datasets
* Designs and implements research projects focusing on health and interventions and their associated health outcomes
* Assists evaluation staff in project design, appropriate procedures and conduct and coordination by establishing sample size requirements, calculating issues associated with various evaluation design options and consulting on appropriate statistical analysis for proposed evaluations
* Documents and records observations on progress of research, investigations and data per regulatory requirements and MSMC protocols
* Supervises subordinate personnel and offers guidance on research methods and techniques
* Provides assistance to the Principle Investigator or Research Manager on grant applications
* Assists in the development of budgets for research projects. Completes grant applications and proposals by developing pilot studies and generating pre-clinical data
* Completes all Institutional Review Board (IRB) or IACUC and other regulatory applications and renewals
* Develops consent forms, screens and enrolls patients, follows patients through course of study, collects and analyze data. (Clinical Research Only)
* Develops policies and procedures within area of responsibility. Writes and amends protocols as necessary
* Participates in conferences, meetings and seminars concerning research and surveillance projects
* Collaborates with fellows on research projects and papers to be published
* Maintains and submits the regulatory requirements for the FREEDOM Clinical Coordinating Center at Mount Sinai Medical Center. (Clinical Research Only)
* Performs other related duties
* A Masters degree in public health, health services research or related field with training in implementation science/knowledge translation
* 1-5 years of experience applying implementation science/knowledge translation skill in health care or related field or conducting implementation science/knowledge translation research
* Excellent oral and written communication
* Organized and detail oriented
* A good team player
* Able to accept new challenges and multitask
* Solid working knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, and Excel database management
* Ability to build and maintain positive relationships
* Competency with equipment and medical information pertaining to health screenings
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we're as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai's unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke's, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.