Scheduling Coordinator II - Diagnostic, Molecular and Interventional Radiology
Mount Sinai Health System
Healthcare - Allied Health
21 Warren St
Check out similar listings!
Loading some great jobs for you...
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Scheduling Coordinator II ? Diagnostic, Molecular and Interventional Radiology, 2434928
The Scheduling Coordinator II is a senior level individual, responsible for scheduling appointments, consulting and following-up with patients and serve a lead role among this group by mentoring and training less experienced staff. Assists in oversight of front desk and office activity in the absence of the Supervisor.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Schedules patient FPA appointments and updates practice management system.
* Collects patient demographics and insurance information and enters into practice management system.
* Verifies patient insurance coverage prior to appointment and advises patient of any insurance referrals or authorizations needed.
* May schedule patients' appointments for tests or consults.
* May initiate reminder calls for next day's appointments.
* Trains and mentors less experienced Scheduling Coordinator and administrative staff, and discusses issues of concern with Supervisor.
* May perform duty as liaison between Scheduling Coordinator staff and Administrative Assistants in addressing patient concerns.
* Participates in customer service initiatives, patient satisfaction surveys, ACD and appointment reporting.
* May participate and offer input into the Performance Appraisal process with the Supervisor.
* Performs other related duties.
* Education: High School diploma/GED
* Experience: 3 year secretarial/clerical experience, preferably with some directly related experience, in a medical practice environment
* Knowledge of IDX and Cerner systems helpful
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Excellent customer relations
* Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we're as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai's unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke's, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Associated topics: arrt, cath, cath lab, ct scan, ct technologist, diagnostic, mri, ndt, radiology, x ray
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.