Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Identifies patient service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements. Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of treatment; answering questions.
2. Prepares patient for radiological procedure by positioning patient; adjusting immobilization devices; moving equipment into specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
3. Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors. Adheres to established infection control policies and procedures.
4. Maintains production and quality of radiographs by following established standards and procedures; processing radiographs; observing radiographic results; making necessary adjustments.
5. Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records (including the completion and verification of exams.
Education: Graduate of AMA approved school of radiologic technology.
Experience: No experience required
Competency in performing diagnostic procedures, excellent communication skills in a team environment, quality focus, planning, people skills, dependability, creating a safe, effective environment
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we're as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai's unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke's, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Associated topics: cardiac, cath, cath lab, cath laboratory, ct technologist, mri, ndt, rad, radiographer, scan