Starcom USA ( is a world-renowned media communications agency that architects connected human experiences in the one-to-one era of marketing. With more than 1,300 employees in the U.S., Starcom gets the right consumers' attention and delivers brand-building results in partnership with the world's leading marketers and new establishment brands, including Airbnb, Allstate, Bank of America, Kellogg Company, Kraft Heinz, Lowe's Home Improvement, Samsung, Visa and more. Starcom USA is part of Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris: FR000#######], one of the world's leading communications groups.
We value you and the work you do. We work hard, but also enjoy scores of perks rooted in our legacy of having one of the strongest agency cultures. Our top-notch health insurance plans and very generous paid time off allow you much-needed time to recharge and achieve the work-life balance you need to bring your absolute best self to work.
As the Director, Data and Technology Strategist you will draw on your experience and expertise on technology and software product ownership and project management to intersect and drive synergy between data, advanced analytics, and marketing strategy to take a consultative approach in driving the improvement of the client's results. This is a new and unique opportunity to help a highly innovative, global mobile and home technology client navigate through an ever-changing data landscape through providing thought leadership and creating synergy amongst agency and client teams to help ensure best campaign results possible now and in the future. As the Director you will lead a team of data and technology strategist to leverage individual talents and facilitate collaboration for best possible solutions and results.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 7 years of directly related experience in product development, product ownership, or technology project management. This also may be a great opportunity for a Software Engineer looking for a career change into a less hands-on role. Must haves include confidence in your ability to work with executive and c-suite stakeholders, impeccable communication skills and demonstrated ability to present, lead meetings, and manage client relationships and manage a team.
This is part of a fun, innovative team that values career development, creativity, and leveraging individual talents to spearhead best possible results.
* Guide and drive use of data and technology to impact media strategies for brands based on business objectives.
* Includes collaboration across to Strategy, Investment, and Analytics to oversee the deployment and activation of marketing technologies
* Multi-year future state visioning of existing solutions
* Evaluate new and current data & technology partners and new approaches for greatest client impact
* Pioneer innovative approaches & solutions to address business objectives (via custom solutions) and industry gaps (via agency product development)
* Lead a team and leverage talents and abilities to achieve best solutions and results possible
* Build and maintain relationships amongst internal and external stakeholders
* Build presentations and deliver to internal partners and clients
* Serve as the marketplace representation for Starcom's Data Practice and its impact on client businesses
* Understand how platform/data technologies work and offer the ability to explain technical concepts in ordinary terms (be technically savvy - understand the opportunities and limitations)\\
* Communicate opportunities, learnings, and recommendations with authority and credibility
* Developing business cases for the client to secure talent in Starcom talent and technology
* Bachelor's degree or higher
* 7+ years of professional experience in consulting and advanced analytics, marketing technology, digital strategy, and buying.
* 3+ years of experience managing and leading a team
* Strong attention to detail and understanding sense of urgency. Proven track record in establishing priorities
* Strong entrepreneurial mind-set with the drive to dig in, problem solve, and evolve solutions; comfortable providing clarity in times of ambiguity
* Ability to cultivate relationships with technology
* Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.