Huen Electric, a subsidiary of MYR Group one of the leading electrical contractors in the nation is looking for an Estimator/Project Manager to join their Utica, NY team!
Huen Electric founded in 1983 has earned a reputation as a dynamic, proactive, and resourceful electrical contracting and engineering company. Huen's high level of commitment to clients and the community has helped the company build a loyal customer base.
So why should you apply to be an Estimator/Project Manager with Huen Electric? Our highly competitive benefits package is a great start! Our Estimators receive excellent benefits including: medical, dental & vision insurance, paid vacation & holidays, company paid life insurance and a 401K.
So what are you waiting for, come build yourself with us!
* Prepare project construction schedules
* Submit \"Requests for Information\" to clients
* Manage day-to-day activities of assigned projects
* Act as the main point-of-contact for project personnel
* Coordinate meetings, schedule updates, submit deliverables, and address outstanding open items as requested by clients
* Prepare look-ahead documents and weekly, monthly progress reports and billing information
* Review and monitor job costs versus budgets
* Report regularly to management team
* Prepare complete cost estimates (labor and material) for commercial & industrial projects within set deadlines
* Perform field take-offs/evaluations for estimate preparation
* Participate in the estimate review process with internal and external stakeholders
* Prepare bills of material and other information for use by purchasing
* Prepare complete labor and material cost estimates
* Schedule and attend field walk-downs with customers, subcontractors, and construction personnel to understand and determine constructability requirements
* Compare various project documents for accuracy and consistency
* Assist in the preparation and submission of change orders
* Coordinate closely with project management
* Assist construction personnel throughout the project life-cycle in tracking and understanding basis of cost estimate
* Regular and predictable attendance
* Additional duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field, or equivalent experience (5+ years' project management and estimating experience in the electrical industry)
* Knowledgeable with specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time/cost/labor estimates for projects and services
* Knowledgeable of the N.E.C. and all relevant local codes
* Able to read and understand civil, architectural, structural, mechanical, etc. plans and specifications to include blue prints, proposals and other documents as they relate to electrical work
* Computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Office applications
* Proficient with estimating software such as Accubid or equivalent
* Ability to prepare construction schedules in Microsoft Project and/or Primavera
* Excellent analytical, organizational, and verbal and written communication skills
* Team player who is able to successfully work with diverse internal and external partners
* Self-driven with the ability to stay on-task for extended periods of time
Salary commensurate with experience
Apply at: www.myrgroup.com. If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-###-####.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.