Associate Director, Legislative Affairs (Cambridge)
Compensation: $108,380.00 - $167,060.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
National Association of Federally-Insured Credit Unions Arlington, VA
The National Association of Federally-Insured Credit Unions (NAFCU) seeks an Associate Director of Legislative Affairs to assist in the development, implementation, and execution of the legislative policies of the Association. This position lobbies Congress on behalf of the Association and reports directly to the Vice President of Legislative Affairs.
Who we are:
NAFCU is the leading trade association for Americas federally-insured credit unions. Our mission is to strengthen credit unions by providing our members and the credit union industry the absolute best in federal advocacy, education, and compliance assistance. Extreme member service and responsiveness is our hallmark. Our continued membership growth shows that we have what the industry is looking for.
Our team members are passionate about growth, innovation, and collaboration. We constantly are striving to improve and better ourselves so that we can better support our members. If you have a growth mindset and enjoy challenging work, you probably are a great fit for our team!
Who you are:
You have an interest in the legislative and political process, as well as an interest in credit unions and what they offer to the community. You are a self-starter with strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills, who enjoys a challenge. You can think on your feet and like to solve problems. You have strong people skills. You are technologically savvy. You have the ability to independently prioritize a varied workload, balance multiple tasks and projects without missing deadlines, and work efficiently while generating high-quality work product. You thrive in a collaborative, team-oriented environment and take pride in helping others. You hold yourself and others to a high standard.
What you'll do:
- Establish and maintain relations with members of Congress, Congressional Committees, and their staffs in order to assure that the interests and concerns of NAFCU members are considered, understood, and acted upon appropriately by Congress.
- Monitor federal legislation, Congressional activities, the legislative initiatives of competing organizations, and other activities that have an impact upon federally insured credit unions and the financial institutions system.
- Engage in legislative research and develop pertinent background information and materials that contribute to a better understanding of the issues that impact NAFCU's members and financial institutions generally.
- Assist in the formulation of Association positions on various issues by surveying members and conducting research into alternative approaches.
- Develop and prepare witness statements, position papers, research reports, and correspondence with Congress, the Administration, and members for management and Board approval.
- Serve as a spokesperson on Association positions and maintain relationships with members of Congress, Congressional staff members, and individuals serving in similar capacities in other trade associations that are concerned with developing and affecting the nations financial institutions.
- Assist with the annual Congressional Caucus, including planning the schedule, obtaining speakers, organizing the Congressional reception, and assisting NAFCU members in lobbying Members of Congress.
- Represent NAFCU at political fundraising functions and other political activities, help host fundraisers for Members of Congress, and assist as needed with the NAFCU/PAC.
- Speak before various audiences and write articles regarding legislative issues affecting federally-insured credit unions.
- Respond to inquiries from Association members regarding the status and effect of various legislative initiatives.
- Bachelors degree required. A graduate degree in law, political science, or business is a plus.
- Knowledge of financial institution issues and a superior understanding of Congressional operations derived from 2 5 years' experience on Capitol Hill, or Hill experience combined with lobbying experience through a firm, a trade association, or the Federal Legislative Liaison Office of a financial institution regulator.
- Ties to Financial Services/Banking offices, a plus; Senate experience and contacts, a plus.
- Superior interpersonal, verbal, written, and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills, accuracy in all assignments, and a professional approach.
- Ability to take the initiative in tasks with minimal supervision.
To apply, email your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements to ...@nafcu.org. EOE
Get alerts to jobs like this, to your inbox.
National Association of Federally-Insured Credit Unions - Arlington, VA
Apply with Resume
Apply with Glassdoor Profile
75% of Glassdoor users found this service helpful
Glassdoor has millions of jobs plus salary information, company reviews, and interview questions from people on the inside making it easy to find a job thats right for you.
Associated topics: administrative staff, administrative support, assist, assistant, asso, associate, front office, food, operational assistant, operational support
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...