Development Director, Bike MS (Allston)
Compensation: $108,380.00 - $167,060.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is a national non-profit that exists because there are people with MS. Our vision is a world free of MS. Everything we do is focused so that people affected by MS can live their best lives as we stop MS in its tracks, restore what has been lost and end MS forever.
We are more than an organization. We are a movement. United in our collective power to do something about MS now and end this disease forever. At the National MS Society you have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of those living with MS and their families.
As a member of the Society team, you'll work in an environment that values collaboration, innovation, diverse perspectives, and most of all a relentless resolve so people with MS can live their best lives.
The National MS Society is seeking a goal-orientated, relationship-focused, experienced fundraiser to join our Development team as the Director, Bike MS..
The Development Director, Bike MS is responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of Bike MS: Cape Cod Getaway to meet or exceed revenue and engagement goals. This position collaborates with Development Leadership to develop the operational plan and strategic priorities for events in the assigned market and will utilize metrics to identify areas for growth and opportunity. The Director will deepen relationships and engagement with participants and teams, top fundraisers, and corporate sponsors in order to ensure an exceptional experience for all.
This position collaborates with local staff, key volunteers and board members to reach revenue goals. In addition, this position is part of a Bike MS team who develop and implement the fundraising, recruitment and cultivation strategies for Bike MS nationally and will work closely with the logistics team assigned to the territory. This position reports to the Sr Director, Bike MS.
- Responsible for the implementation and execution of the operational plan for assigned events focused on acquisition, retention and cultivation of top fundraisers, teams, participants, sponsors, and volunteers
- Cultivates and strengthens relationships with event participants, teams, top fundraisers, key volunteers, and sponsors to increase engagement with the Society and accelerate revenue growth
- Works in collaboration with Development Leadership and local leadership team in the relationship management strategy for fundraisers at all levels, teams, team captains, corporate partners and volunteers.
- Collaborates with local team to ensure effective execution of the campaign in their market as well as assess volunteer engagement and corporate development opportunities
- Evaluates and implements processes that enable rapid adoption of successful tactics into the market plan for assigned events
- In collaboration with the AVP of Execution builds strong and balanced participant portfolios for each Bike MS staff member in the assigned market. The portfolios will include teams, top fundraisers, participants, sponsors, volunteers, etc.
- Ensures fundraising strategies are understood by market staff and that the staff is meeting the goals and expectations set for them
- Coaches, develops, and directly supervises a team responsible for executing the local fundraising plan
- In collaboration with Development Leadership and local leadership oversee the budgeted revenue discussion, revenue growth assessment, and the operational planning process for assigned events.
- Oversees the execution of the integrated marketing and communication plan focused on acquisition, retention and revenue growth for each market in the assigned event revenue portfolio.
Facilitates Volunteer Engagement for fundraising and event experience in the assigned event revenue portfolio
- Increases the number of Society volunteers focused on Bike MS by recognizing and recruiting talent
- Engages volunteers through meaningful and impactful work that is well defined and structured by employing the strategies, tools and resources in their local market. Identifies, develops and grows volunteer capacity (skills and talents) to achieve measurable and sustainable results while removing obstacles.
- Ensures volunteer behaviors are aligned with Society Operating Principles; provide timely feedback and coaching to improve performance and behaviors.
- Ensures that volunteers are fueling the success and expanding the capacity by coaching to and assisting staff with building action-oriented volunteer leadership committees for fundraising (acquisition of sponsors, teams and participants) and event experience (the quality of the experience a participant has from the time they register through completion of the event) that will be led by the market Bike MS staff.
- Cultivates volunteers, seeks and provides feedback and shares opportunities for reciprocal growth and learning.
Provides Leadership and expertise as part of the Bike MS Team responsible for achieving revenue goals
- Ensures communication and integration of national strategies into assigned market events
- Ensures the strategies, resources and tools created by the marketing, relationship development and event experience teams are deployed in assigned market to drive revenue and registration.
- Collaborates with other market leaders to provide a unified and consistent experience for sponsors, participants, donors and volunteers that are shared between revenue channels.
- Bridges corporate and volunteer relationships to other markets where new teams and additional sponsorship can be realized
- Is an active member of the Strategy 6: Resource and Revenue Growth Team.
- Ensures communication and integration between the development team and other revenue channels in their assigned market
- Working closely with the local logistics and services teams to fully engage and mobilize the MS community.
Associated topics: administrative assistant, administrative staff, chief operations officer, document, facilities, front office, operational support, operations director, staff, support
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...