Executive Assistant - Media Trainee Program - New York - 10007
21 Warren St
Check out similar listings!
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Executive Assistant would report to the President of NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations. The role will manage the day-to-day administrative functions as well as interface with a variety of employees (both internally and externally) and handle heavy call volume and scheduling.
The Executive Assistant will be required to be in their role for at least 24 months and will have the opportunity to take part in a NBCOTS Media Trainee Program. Along with Executive Assistant responsibilities, if performance is outstanding, they will have exposure to the function of their interest and will be allowed ad hoc opportunities to shadow and participate in projects. After successfully fulfilling the duties of an Executive Assistant with exceptional performance, this person will be placed on a rotational program gaining experience in Sales, Marketing, News, or Production with the intention of being placed into one of our NBCOTS Development Programs (i.e. Reporter Trainee Program, Producer Development Program, Marketing Promo Producer Program, Sales Associate Program, etc.).
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
* Maintain a high degree of confidentiality and discretion in regards to all matters and documents
* Manage calendar, process and approve expense reports, maintain heavy filing, fulfil catering requests, and perform other administrative duties as assigned
* Organize and execute logistics for off sites for each function
* Screen and log calls in an extremely heavy telephone environment and respond directly to inquiries
* Handle correspondence, including typing and drafting letters, memos and legal contracts
* Organize and maintain files on all projects and keep updated
* Determine importance of meeting requests and schedule accordingly
* Arrange travel and all accommodations including comprehensive and detailed itineraries
* Act as liaison with all internal and external clients/departments
* Manage special projects as designated, specifically, dealing with administrative and coordination issues
* Assist with internal communications with staff as well as communications with clients
* Coordinate staff meetings, conferences and client meetings as necessary
* Manage various department responsibilities such as renewing memberships, subscriptions, and maintaining office supplies
* Plan/coordinate various social events in conjunction with internal departments
* Assume assistant duties for CFO, CMO & SVP of News Standards when needed
* Assist in tour and ticket requests for division
* Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
* Must be willing to work overtime and be flexible with hours
* Must be willing to work at the office in New York, NY
* Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
* Must be 18 years or older
* Must be covered by Solutions, NBCUniversal's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
* Superior organizational and administrative skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work required
* Pleasant personality and fosters team environment
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels both internal and external
* Attention to detail and demonstrated initiative
* Proactive approach to calendar management, communication and daily responsibilities
* Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
* Ability to successfully manage multiple projects and deal with deadline pressure
* Self-starter with ability to follow through without supervision
* Able to prioritize competing requests and manage busy schedules
* Minimum 1-2 years administrative experience in Entertainment Company and/or Legal department is desired but not required
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.