NBC Universal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies. The Content and Commerce group at NBC Universal is creating innovative and unique digital consumer experiences that utilize the power of content to drive brand discovery and e-commerce sales for a wide range of partners.
We are building a robust and adaptable platform which will unlock commerce opportunities within the context of content in multiple mediums across a wide variety of digital platforms. The Head of Product is responsible for the management, development, and implementation of product roadmaps for both the platform itself as well as the consumer facing properties that leverage the platform. The ideal candidate will have experience working directly with development teams and 3rd party technology vendors and open APIs, managing or working closely with commonly supported e-commerce platforms, and close working relationships with digital performance marketing teams.
Implement Digital Product Best Practices
* Establish an Agile SDLC - implementing daily stand-ups with, bi-weekly sprint plannings, retrospectives, etc with our internal and external resource groups.
* Create and manage a backlog of bugs and user stories - organized thoughtfully and prioritized utilizing a data-driven framework aligned with our business goals and user's needs.
* Establish and maintain a common destination for group wide digital product documentation.
* Provide insight, direction, and vision for the continued evolution of our digital product artifacts and ceremonies.
Build Dynamic Digital Product Team
* Recruit, hire, and manage a world-class product team including user experience designers, project managers, and additional product managers.
Build and Manage Innovative Product Roadmap
* Engage with key stakeholders in Marketing, Business Development, Merchandising, Content, and Brand Partnerships to gather priorities and requirements, surface bugs and inefficiencies, and evaluate the success or failure of features and tests.
* Communicate regularly with users to gather feedback on the site experience, identify pain points, and inform the priority and direction of the product roadmap.
* Perform analysis of user's behavior and site performance as it pertains to our business objectives to inform the priority and direction of the product roadmap.
* Work closely with the Head of Business Intelligence to define and develop a framework for evaluating the performance of our user experience, the results of multi-variate testing, and our progress towards achieving our objectives.
* Consolidate all input from key stakeholders, users, and site and competitive analysis into a cohesive product roadmap that is kept in a state of just-in-time prioritization.
* Work closely with the performance marketing, content, and production teams and outside agencies to enable rapid cycles of feedback around multi-variate testing of performance marketing landing pages and experiences.
* Provide input and insight into the strategic direction of our digital experiences and platform.
* 5+ years of experience in digital product management - preferably within a fast growing start-up or e-commerce environment.
* Some experience working closely with Open APIs - preferably experience working directly as a platform product manager.
* Self-organized and motivated with a passion for building things and seeing the result of your work in action.
* Excellent communication skills.
* BA/BS degree required, MBA preferred
* Collaborative, innovative, entrepreneurial leader
* Demonstrated ability to think strategically, innovatively, and creatively using sound business judgment and quantitative skills
* Proven ability to influence others
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
* A deep understanding, and respect for retail business needs and culture
* A positive attitude and passion for building businesses; entrepreneurial drive and a self-starter mindset