NYIT (New York Institute of Technology) offers 90 degree programs, including undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees, in more than 50 fields of study, including architecture and design; arts and sciences; education; engineering and computing sciences; health professions; management; and osteopathic medicine. A non-profit independent, private institution of higher education, NYIT has 9,000 students at campuses in New York City (Manhattan) and Long Island (Old Westbury) in New York; Jonesboro, Arkansas; Vancouver, British Columbia; and in various programs around the world. NYIT sponsors 13 NCAA Division II programs.
NYIT is guided by its mission to provide career-oriented professional education, offer access to opportunity to all qualified students, and support research and scholarship that benefit the larger world. More than 100,000 graduates have received degrees from NYIT. For more information, visit nyit.edu.
NYIT's Enrollment Services Center (ESC) is committed to providing a \"One-Stop Shop\" experience for students by supporting and triaging their enrollment services' needs while providing outstanding customer service. ESC Senior Specialists provide support to all NYIT students but focus their outreach efforts on first-year students, who benefit from assistance in learning to navigate the administrative procedures related to their college career including those relating to financial aid, billing, registration, and advisement.
* Provide front-line services associated with Enrollment Services, which include the areas of Student Accounts, Financial Aid, and Registrar
* Provide a high quality customer service experience focused on student satisfaction and retention
* Provide preventative outreach by way of retention-related initiatives and campaigns targeting populations of students that would benefit from outreach; Work collaboratively with campus partners on campus-wide retention efforts
* Assist in the onboarding of new, incoming first-year and transfer students as it relates to enrollment services procedures, explanation of financial aid packaging, and next steps; collaborate with campus partners to ensure a smooth transition for incoming students
* Serve as principal point of contact for first-year students as it relates to enrollment services; ensure that other functional areas provide effective solutions
* Research and address student inquiries regarding policies and procedures, billing, financial assistance, and general university services
* Respond to email, phone, and web inquires for the enrollment services
* Participate in service events such as Orientation, Preview Day and Open House
* Serve on campus-wide committees (i.e. Unsatisfactory Appeals Committee or Economic Appeals Committee) as needed
* Bachelor's degree required, Master's preferred, in student personnel administration, education, or related area in higher education
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in an enrollment services role (registrar, financial aid, bursar, or one-stop shop) within a higher education institution
* Demonstrated success working with students or customers in a service-oriented environment
* Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication, critical thinking and administrative skills
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with flexibility to accommodate adjusting priorities
* Strong technical skills and knowledge of student information systems, preferably experience with PeopleSoft student systems software, Microsoft Office and comfort with new technologies
* Must be able to work flexible hours including occasional weekends and evenings, as required
Please submit cover letter & resume for consideration
NYIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer ? M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Associated topics: administrative, college, counselor, district school nurse, guidance, nurse, school counselor, school guidance counselor, school nurse, student affairs
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.