A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation. It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses \"Be Good At Life.\" To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
New York Life Insurance Company is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States. Founded in 1845
and headquartered in New York City, New York Life reported 2017 operating earnings of $2.06 billion. Total assets under
management at year end 2017, with affiliates, totaled $586 billion.
New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of
the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody s Aaa; Standard & Poor s AA+ (Source: Individual
independent rating agency commentary as of 8/1/17).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity the values upon which New York Life was founded have guided the
company s decisions and actions for over 170 years.
This individual will:
* Manage large diverse nationwide caseload of matters, including supervision of outside counsel and analyzing legal and
* Interface with clients in business areas keeping them advised of developments and status of all matters; Provide legal
advice to all sections of the Company regarding pre-litigation and litigation matters.
* Work with Complaint Review Unit in response to customer complaints. * Advise Claims Department regarding pending policy claims. * Perform legal research and write memoranda. * Gather facts from multiple sources. * Maintain and monitor budgets and update matter management system. * Work on special projects as they arise. * Consult with other sections of OGC and with Litigation management as necessary.
* A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in litigation in law firm and/or corporate law department * Excellent written and oral communication skills * Ability to see the big picture * Organized and able to prioritize * Admitted to the New York Bar * JD Required * Experience representing insurance and financial services companies strongly preferred.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) ###-####.
Associated topics: client, court, law office, law practice, legal, legal firm, litigate, litigating, litigation, litigation defense firm
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.