A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation. It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses \"Be Good At Life.\" To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
New York Life Real Estate Investors ( NYL REI ) is the real estate investment management division of New York Life Investments. NYL REI manages a portfolio in excess of $50 Billion which includes real estate debt, real estate equities and real estate securities. The equity portfolio includes assets held in New York Life s general account, separate accounts, an open-end core fund, closed end value add funds, and co-investments with REIT vehicles. We are seeking an associate accounting professional responsible for financial accounting and reporting for the equity real estate portfolio.
This opportunity requires developing an in-depth knowledge of the real estate industry and excellent technical ability. The position is responsible for ensuring the financial integrity and timely reporting of equity real estate, including funds, property, asset, joint venture, debt compliance, GIPs, NCREIF and investor account financials.
* 2+ years of real estate accounting experience
* Experience with fund level, historical cost GAAP accounting, Statutory Accounting, and tax reporting a plus
* Yardi experience a plus
* Undergraduate degree, accounting najor preferred
* Experience with corporate accounting, consolidation and SOX reporting
* Ability to evaluate, document, and implement best in class policies and procedures
* An advanced degree or CPA designation preferred
* Reports to Manager
* Coordinates internally with Portfolio and Asset Management and with New York Life internal accounting and audit teams
* Ensures accurate and timely financial information is provided, as necessary, to internal management, external auditors, internal auditors, and external clients
* Reviews and maintains quarterly valuation changes; calculates asset management fee and net asset value, as necessary
* Reconciliation between custodian banks and accounts, pricing, real estate reporting to the clients, appraisal adjustments and is the point person for their project s audit
* Addresses and responds to specific financial requests made by Real Estate Officers regarding investment performance and fund financial statements
* Review capital call and distribution calculations, sources and uses, allocations, and investor notices
* Maintain and enhance accounting procedures and internal control systems
* Other projects and analysis as requested by senior management
* Excellent verbal and written communication, and organizational skills
* Must be detail oriented and be able to work under the pressure of deadlines
* Must be a self-starter and be able to work in a team environment
* Must be able to effectively interact with all levels of Company personnel, as well as external professionals.
* Willingness to learn and thrive in a team orientated environment
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) ###-####.
Associated topics: analysis, analyst, analyze, appraisal, appraiser, market, marketing representative, market trend, portfolio analyst, real estate analyst