A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation. It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses \"Be Good At Life.\" To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
New York Life Investments (NYLIM), an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company, is a top 25 global asset management firm. With more than $500 billion in assets under management, NYLIM is a premier investment management firm serving a variety of client segments including retail, institutional, insurance and defined contribution and benefit on a global basis. New York Life Investments offers a diverse set of investment capabilities ranging from traditional equity and fixed income to alternative investment strategies and multi-asset solutions. Renowned for its premier investment acumen and client focus, NYLIM's vision is to be one of the most trusted providers of investment management expertise and long-term financial security.
We are currently seeking a qualified candidate to join the Product Development team, within New York Life Investment Management's (\"NYLIM\") Global Products Group. The candidate will be a key part of a Product Development team that is tasked with driving product innovation and development across asset classes and investment vehicles. This position provides an opportunity to expand upon an investment management professional's experience in a results-oriented and challenging environment.
The Senior Associate will support the process of defining, prioritizing and executing product initiatives across New York Life Investments. The candidate is required to bring strong industry knowledge and investment acumen to the position, and is expected to continuously deepen and broaden their knowledge of financial markets, asset classes and structures over time.
* Research competitor, client, regulatory, and industry trends to drive product strategy and identify opportunities for product innovation
* Help define and build the business case for new product development or modification initiatives through assembling fact-based arguments and drafting compelling business proposals in both PowerPoint and Word form
* Develop and manage detailed project plans in support of product development and product enhancement initiatives
* Lead diverse cross-functional teams including representatives from portfolio management, legal, compliance, fund administration, finance, sales and marketing in executing product initiatives
* Support retail merger and acquisition activity
* BA/BS required; MBA or CFA (Charterholder or Level 2+ candidate) strongly preferred
* At least 5+ years of related experience in the asset management industry, preferably in product development or strategy roles
* Broad investment management and financial market knowledge across equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives
* Strong knowledge of mutual funds, ETFs, SMAs, and other investment vehicles
* Strong interpersonal skills interacting with various constituencies within the firm
* Excellent analytic, problem-solving and quantitative skills, with ability to synthesize data into observations / recommendations
* Excellent written and presentation skills
* Exceptional attention to detail
* Self-starter with urgency, personal responsibility and accountability
* Results-orientation with an ability to execute and complete deliverables in a timely manner
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and maintain high standards
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Morningstar Direct
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) ###-####.