- New York Life
- $96,570.00 -157,290.00/year*
Financial Services - Insurance
21 Warren St
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation. It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses \"Be Good At Life.\" To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
Underwriting Quality Control (UW QC) was established in May 2014. Its goals are to gain assurance that Underwriting utilizes best practices, adheres to company guidelines, and that policies are issued with accurate ratings at the best offer possible. Additionally, the UW QC evaluates consistency across all underwriting locations and results are utilized to determine training needs, update the Underwriting Manual, and suggest system enhancements. The UW QC team consists of the CVP/Manager, one QC Associate, and six Underwriters who review underwritten cases on a daily basis. QC Underwriters bring experience from the various underwriting zones. QC Underwriters on the team will periodically need to complete a short-term rotation to a production underwriting zone to refresh their skills and maintain current on zone procedures.
* Perform quality reviews of underwritten policies.
* Meet production standards as it pertains to the number of daily cases reviewed.
* Document reviews and findings in an Excel spreadsheet.
* Mentor/coach the team in daily quality reviews and peer review the team's work. Act as a resource to other QC Underwriters in assessing work and verifying if a finding should be reported.
* Make recommendations to remediate any issues (such as additional training, revisions to procedures, underwriting rules, system enhancements, etc).
* Identify and communicate immediate referrals and spotlight cases.
* Assist with the reconciliation process and management meetings to ensure UW and QC are aligned.
* Oversee the QC queue volume and case assignments to team.
* Assist with special projects and analyses as needed.
* Minimum of 10 years technical underwriting expertise and be proficient with the NYL Underwriting Manual and its assessment methodology
* Working knowledge of Word and Excel preferred.
* Bachelors degree preferred
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) ###-####.
Associated topics: underwriter
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.