LocationNew York, New YorkShift:Day (United States of America)Description:
Be at the Forefront of Change in Healthcare Delivery:
Care Coordinator - RN - Inpatient Medicine Unit - Day Shift
Across NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center, Care Coordinators are the guardians of continuity of care; they are the skilled clinicians leading the full spectrum of patient care, from pre-admission to discharge while ensuring quality outcomes. As a Care Coordinator at NewYork-Presbyterian, you'll serve as a highly valued and respected leader from day one, empowered to make amazing things happen for our patients and their families. Step into a culture of autonomy, pride, compassion and expertise, and help us build on our success as New York's #1-ranked hospital (U.S.News World Report).
As a Care Coordinator, you'll be responsible for providing intensive care management for adult patients with complex medical needs. You will serve as a strong and knowledgeable liaison between the interdisciplinary team of social workers, Physicians, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Cardiologists, Intensivists - all in support of patients and their families. Direct all aspects of inpatient care, develop individualized care plans, ensuring optimal length of stay. Help prevent hospital readmission, anticipate outpatient service needs, setting appointments and consultations prior to discharge.
We're seeking a change-agent-someone with the drive, tenacity and leadership necessary to advance nursing practice at one of the world's most respected university medical centers.
This is a day shift, Monday - Friday position with rotating weekend/holiday coverage.
* 2 years of case management/care coordination experience in an inpatient, HMO, insurance, or other outpatient setting
* 1 year of leadership experience in a healthcare setting
* Master's Degree in healthcare related field
* Fluency in Spanish
* Bachelors degree in Nursing (BSN)
* Current NYS Registered Nurse (RN) licensure
* 3 to 5 years of health care experience in an acute care setting
* Superior communication, demonstrated problem solving skills, strong business acumen, and interpersonal skills are critical
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
* #1 in New York, \"America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018.\" - U.S.News & World Report
* 2018 \"Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice.\" - Glassdoor
* 2018 \"Employees' Choice: Top CEOs\" - Glassdoor
* 2018 \"America's Best Employers.\" - Forbes
* 2018 \"150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare.\" - Becker's Healthcare
* 2018 \"Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals\" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: ambulatory, asn, cardiothoracic, care unit, hospice, nurse, nurse clinical, psychiatric, registered nurse, unit