LocationBrooklyn, New YorkShift:Day (United States of America)Description:
As a team member of the Department of Care Coordination, the RN Case Manager will monitor patient records for adequacy of admission, continued stay, resource utilization, and discharge readiness. The RN Case Manager will be an excellent communicator who can collaborate effectively with the NYM hospital team, patients, families and all external partners. He/She will facilitate the discharge plans and will ensure excellence in the process.
* Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required, Master's preferred.
* Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State.
* Minimum of three (3) years of medical-surgical experience required.
* PRI certification required; Screen certification preferred.
* Knowledge of Federal and State regulations pertaining to hospital reimbursement, the utilization review process and the discharge planning function is preferred.
* Basic computer literacy is required.
* Excellent communication and organizational skills.
NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
* #1 in New York, \"America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018.\" - U.S.News & World Report
* 2018 \"Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice.\" - Glassdoor
* 2018 \"Employees' Choice: Top CEOs\" - Glassdoor
* 2018 \"America's Best Employers.\" - Forbes
* 2018 \"150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare.\" - Becker's Healthcare
* 2018 \"Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals\" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: case management, development, liaison, manage, office manager, project, program development, project development, project management, resource development