- New York Presbyterian
- $83,450.00 -117,470.00/year*
Healthcare - Nursing
21 Warren St
LocationNew York, New YorkShift:Day (United States of America)Description:
Be a patient advocate in the truest form.
Oncology Nursing at Columbia University Medical Center.
Clinical Nurse Manager - RN - Adult Outpatient Oncology Infusion Center - Days
At NewYork-Presbyterian, Oncology nurses are at the forefront of a bold new era in compassionate care. We recently delivered intra-arterial Avastin directly into a malignant brain tumor, the first time this approach has ever been used. We pioneered use of low-dose CT scanning for early detection of lung cancer, and more breakthroughs are on the way. Here, courageous nurses administer chemotherapy, manage symptoms, support patients and educate families, all while serving as the nerve center of extensive multidisciplinary teams.
In this role, you'll help oversee the daily clinical operations for the Adult Oncology Outpatient Infusion Center. You'll have the opportunity to help focus initiatives on our journey to excellence while fostering relationships and engagement in the patient experience. Help mentor, supervise and evaluate the team to reach their full potential and inspire continued professional growth. Regularly assess unit operations and identify process improvements to enhance the patient experience. Seize this exciting opportunity to develop as a transformation leader via shared governance, on our Magnet journey.
At NewYork-Presbyterian, nursing is a life-changing career journey focused on amazing patient outcomes every step of the way. Each of our nurses dares to be truly excellent - thriving in a compassionate culture of care and caring. Together, we improve the health of patients and their families, making our communities - and the world - stronger. You'll work with the brightest minds in healthcare to make tomorrow better for countless human beings. It's the kind of nursing that requires an unwavering commitment to excellence and a constant spirit of professionalism. And it's your opportunity to enjoy flexible scheduling, shared clinical decision-making, inspirational leadership, supportive colleagues and much more. Now, you have the opportunity to join us.
This is a full time position at NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Medical Center.
* Previous leadership and collaborative experience
* Strong business acumen and communication
* Previous Hematology / Oncology / BMT / Infusion experience
* Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) or Advanced Oncology (AOCN) certified
* At least 2-3 years of RN experience in Oncology
* Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or related field
* Current New York State RN license or willingness to obtain
* BCLS certification
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
* #1 in New York, \"America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018\" - U.S.News & World Report
* 2017 \"Best Large Workplaces in New York.\" - Great Place to Work and Fortune
* 2017 \"America's Best Employers.\" - Forbes
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
Associated topics: asn, bsn, ccu, domiciliary, infusion, nurse clinical, registed, registered nurse, surgery, surgical
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.