- New York Presbyterian
- $83,450.00 -117,470.00/year*
Healthcare - Nursing
21 Warren St
LocationBrooklyn, New YorkShift:Night (United States of America)Description:
In this role, the Nurse Technician will assist and support Registered Nurses in meeting the nursing care needs of the assigned patient population; responding appropriately to professional staff and patient demands while assisting management in sustaining a high quality of service.
* Assists the Registered Nurse in providing nursing care to assigned patients through the performance of nursing procedures.
* Provides basic hygiene to patients.
* Promotes patient comfort through correct positioning techniques and the appropriate use of assistive devices both in bed and in chair.
* Assists the Registered Nurses in maintaining patient's nutritional status and with tube feedings.
* Assists patients with patterns of elimination: empties bedpans, urinals and Foley bags.
* Takes and records vital signs, temperature, pulse, respirations and blood pressures.
* High School Diploma or Equivalency required
* Successfully completion of an accredited Nurse Technician/Patient Care Technician Program or Nursing Assistant Certificate along with EKG and Phlebotomy Certificates
* 2-3 years of Nursing Assistant experience preferred
* Current CPR Training from the American Heart Association is required
* Basic computer literacy required
Must be able to lift, move, and position patients of all weights with varying amounts of assistance in a fair manner on a regular and recurring basis including dexterity of fingers, hands, arms and feet with sensory requirements of speech, touch, vision and hearing to normal range with corrections.
NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital is an equal opportunity employer
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
* #1 in New York, \"America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018.\" - U.S.News & World Report
* 2018 \"Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice.\" - Glassdoor
* 2018 \"Employees' Choice: Top CEOs\" - Glassdoor
* 2018 \"America's Best Employers.\" - Forbes
* 2018 \"150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare.\" - Becker's Healthcare
* 2018 \"Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals\" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: care unit, coronary, hospice, intensive care, maternal, mhb, nurse clinical, psychiatric, transitional, unit
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.