LocationBronxville, New YorkShift:Day (United States of America)Description:
Mdical Group-Lawrence- GI- Day Shift
* Performs history and physical examinations on patients. In consultation with the patient's attending physician, establishes a presumptive diagnosis and initiates the work up of the patient by ordering appropriate laboratory studies. Under supervision, is responsible for the management of the patient's medical issues following diagnosis.
* Assists in hospital rounds. Makes complete chart entries on patient transactions and records progress notes.
* Initiates appropriate noninvasive laboratory, radiological and special examinations or tests required for the evaluation of illness.
* May provide pre-surgical patient care including taking extensive patient histories, giving general physicals, and submitting information to physician for diagnosis and writing pre-operative orders.
* May serve as 1st or 2nd assistant in assigned area. Scrubs, starts IV's, monitors equipment and alerts surgeon of changes in patient's condition, and may close skin after operation. Acts as liaison between surgeon and surgical staff throughout the operation.
* Attends to the patient in the Recovery Room or Intensive Care Unit. May provide postoperative instructions to patients.
* Attends daily rounds and provides post-operative care on floor by checking for signs of post-operative complications, changing dressings, removing sutures.
* Performs minor surgery under direct supervision. Performs clinical procedures under the direction and supervision of the responsible physician such as venipuncture, arteriopuncture and electrocardiogram. May administer intravenous medications, fluids, blood and blood components, and local infiltrative anesthetic. May administer injections I.M., subcutaneous and intradermal. May perform intradermal skin tests, nastrogastic intubation and insertion of urinary catheters. May cleanse and debride wounds.
* Initiates appropriate therapy in medical emergencies until the arrival of the physician.
* Provides follow-up care including appropriate adjustments of medications for patients in accordance with established protocols or specific instructions from the responsible physician. Orders oral and parental medications for patients under the care of the supervising physician.
* Communicates with patients and families regarding their medical issues following consultation with the responsible physician. Provides counseling and instruction regarding patients' medical issues.
* Collaborates with other caregivers to ensure continuity of care of patients, and to attain the greatest efficacy in the use of hospital resources in managing patients.
* Assists the physician as directed in the training of health personnel in diagnostic, therapeutic and clinic techniques.
* Participates in appropriate continuing education programs.
* May perform research activities including assisting at laboratory surgery, collection and reporting of data.
Retrieves and reviews charts and analyzes data for research projects.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience R
Degree or major in Certified Physician Assistant
Licensure as a Physician's Assistant by the State of New York R
National Commission Certified Physician Assistant (NCCPA) R
If this position is in the Radiology department, Radiology Practitioner Assistant (RPA) license through
the Certification Board for Radiology Practitioner Assistants (CBRPA)
If applicable in assigned area, DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) registration number R
Physician Assistants are not required to have BLS
Up to one year of post-degree course work and/or an internship and less than one year of
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
* #1 in New York, \"America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018.\" - U.S.News & World Report
* 2018 \"Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice.\" - Glassdoor
* 2018 \"Employees' Choice: Top CEOs\" - Glassdoor
* 2018 \"America's Best Employers.\" - Forbes
* 2018 \"150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare.\" - Becker's Healthcare
* 2018 \"Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals\" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: assistant, assistant cvor, assistant psych, assistant surgery, clinic, diagnostic, physician assistant, practice physician, urgent care, walk in