LocationNew York, New YorkShift:Day (United States of America)Description:
Social Work Changes Lives:
You Make It Possible
Social Worker - Inpatient and Outpatient Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiac Transplant - Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital, Days
At NewYork-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital, talented social workers lead, learn, and educate in a department like no other. We partner across the full spectrum of key areas, providing life-changing research, education and practice. You can help Make It Possible:
At NewYork-Presbyterian, social work is a life-changing career journey focused on amazing patient outcomes every step of the way. Each of our social workers dares to be truly excellent -thriving in a compassionate culture of care and caring. Together, we improve the health of patients and their families, making our communities - and the world - stronger.
Experience a place where your discipline is an important contributor to patient experience. In this role, you will provide social work services to our Pediatric Inpatient and Outpatient Cardiology and Cardiac Transplant department. You will conduct psychosocial assessments, interventions and discharge planning for patients from across the world. You'll also serve as a valuable resource as you communicate with patients, their families and the highly skilled interdisciplinary team in order to assure excellent outcomes and outstanding patient experience. Here, you'll experience all the reasons why you entered such a rewarding field.
The Social Worker will work directly with MD.'s, NP.'s and PA.'s within the Pediatric Inpatient and Outpatient Cardiology and Cardiac Transplant teams. You will work with insurance companies to solve insurance barriers. You will follow patients on the in-patient side during the transplant phase. Provide support and counseling to parents during this extremely stressful time.
This is a Monday-Friday 8am-4pm position at our MS CHONY location.
This position includes weekend and holiday rotations
* At least one year of inpatient experience
* Pediatric and Cardiac experience
* Outpatient experience
* Master's Degree in Social Work (MSW)
* New York State License as a Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW)
* If a new graduate Social Worker, Limited Permit (must supply exam date prior to the start of employment)
* If a new graduate Social Worker, must have Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW) by the State of New York within 1 year of hire
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
* #1 in New York, \"America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018.\" - U.S.News & World Report
* 2019 \"Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice.\" - Glassdoor
* 2018 \"Employees' Choice: Top CEOs\" - Glassdoor
* 2018 \"America's Best Employers.\" - Forbes
* 2018 \"150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare.\" - Becker's Healthcare
* 2018 \"Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals\" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: adhd, arnp, child, children, kid, md do, neonatology, ped, pediatric, primary care