LocationNew York, New YorkShift:Day Flex (United States of America)Description:
World-Class Oncology Care:
Nurses Make It Possible
Staff Nurse - RN - Outpatient Infusion Oncology - Full Time
Take your career in oncology to the next level with New York's #1-ranked hospital (U.S.News & World Report). At NewYork-Presbyterian, our Oncology Department has one of the highest case mix indexes in the nation, yet our measured outcomes are among the best. Crucial to this success is the level of patient care our nurses are able to deliver. We recently delivered intra-arterial Avastin directly into a malignant brain tumor, the first time this approach has ever been used. We pioneered use of low-dose CT scanning for early detection of lung cancer, and more breakthroughs are on the way. As the only center in New York equipped to perform T-cell depletion - and one of only 41 NCI-designated centers in the United States - we're known for what's new and life-changing in cancer therapy.
At NewYork-Presbyterian, nursing is a life-changing career journey focused on amazing patient outcomes every step of the way. Each of our nurses dares to be truly excellent - thriving in a compassionate culture of care and caring. Together, we improve the health of patients and their families, making our communities - and the world - stronger.
This is a full time position, working 4 day-shifts per week including rotating Saturdays.
* Prior experience working in oncology
* Prior experience administering chemotherapy
* Strong IV skills
* At least one year of acute care RN experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
* Current New York State RN license (or willingness to obtain)
* BCLS certification
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
* #1 in New York, \"America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018.\" - U.S.News & World Report
* 2018 \"Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice.\" - Glassdoor
* 2018 \"Employees' Choice: Top CEOs\" - Glassdoor
* 2018 \"America's Best Employers.\" - Forbes
* 2018 \"150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare.\" - Becker's Healthcare
* 2018 \"Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals\" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: ccu, domiciliary, hospice, mhb, neonatal, nurse, recovery, surgery, surgical, unit