The Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc. is seeking a part-time counselor to provide cognitive behavioral therapy to individuals with Gambling Addiction, within the Division of Substance Abuse. Components of this position include providing cognitive behaviors therapy for gambling disorder in individual and group modalities and working collaboratively with patient to effectively address mental health and substance abuse issues. The candidate should be capable of performing diagnosis using the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual currently in use. The candidate should be performing medical record keeping and correspondence as it relates to job functions. The ideal candidate should be capable of rapport building with patients to facilitate their engagement in the psychotherapy process. The candidate should have familiarity with cognitive-behavior therapy, motivation interviewing and other techniques and procedures of evaluation and psychotherapeutic treatment. The candidate should be compliant with all applicable agency and facility policies and procedures, corporate protocols and ethical and professional standards. The successful candidate must have prior experience with gambling disorder or other addictions. Computer proficiency with excellent data management is required.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Providing comprehensive psychotherapy for individuals who have gambling disorder
* Participating in team meetings and conferences as requested
* Collecting data and generating patient reports as required or requested by the funding agency.
* Assisting with the implementation of treatment protocols, study management and data collection
* Maintaining effective and efficient medical records
* Ensuring services are consistent with current standards and level of care
* Counseling degree that is regionally accredited and that is primarily oriented to gambling addiction or substance abuse service delivery.
* Master's Degree in a clinical program. Experience treating patients with gambling disorder
To apply: Submit an application with cover letter and resume by April 19, 2019 through our website Only applications submitted through the RFMH website will be accepted.
The Research Foundation is a private not-for-profit corporation and is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits. Excellent Benefits Package. Employer/Minority/Women/Disabled/Veteran Employer. VEVRAA 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) compliant.