The Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc. (RFMH) is currently seeking a qualified candidate to serve as Project Director for ProHope: Promoting Hope and Opportunities for Youth with Early Psychosis, a new SAMHSA-funded expansion of New York State's OnTrackNY program. The funds will be used to support two new OnTrackNY teams which provide specialized early intervention services for adolescents and young adults experiencing a newly emerging psychotic disorder. The intervention is designed to help individuals attain full symptomatic recovery, prevent relapse, and return to previous levels social, academic and vocational functioning. The philosophies of recovery oriented services, person centered care, and shared decision making are essential to this model of care.
The Project Director will manage the development, implementation and evaluation of ProHope activities at the sites supported by this grant.
The incumbent will report to the OnTrackNY Medical Director and will work closely with members of the OntrackNY training team and other OnTrack Central staff, which is a part of the Center for Practice Innovations (CPI) at New York State Psychiatric Institute. This position will be based at the New York State Psychiatric Institute.
1. Work closely with the 2 program sites to conduct an organizational needs assessment at each site and support program implementation.
2. Work with each clinical site to develop an outreach plan.
3. Supervise the activities of the full-time Youth Coordinator and part-time Project Evaluator.
4. Ensure that sites are collecting, entering and reviewing required evaluation data.
5. Develop systems to support the reporting requirements of the SAMHSA grant and generate required reports.
6. Co-facilitate the project steering committee.
7. Collect stakeholder input from youth and family councils and team staff for quality improvement.
8. Oversee social media outreach and content development.
9. Work with other key staff to problem solve issues as they arise that may affect the progress of the program.
10. Fulfill other responsibilities as they emerge.
11. Occasional local travel to Queens and Westchester to visit program sites will be required.
Master's in psychology, social work, public health or other mental health field with at least 3 years of project management experience or Doctoral degree in psychology, social work, public health or other mental health field with at least 2 years of project management experience
Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
Strong written and verbal communication skills and strong presentation skills
Experience coordinating projects across local service systems
Experience managing large grants, including administrative oversight and clinical data management and reporting
Expertise in the field of youth and young adults with serious mental illness and in community based mental health services
Experience with manualized treatment models
Experience with use of social media
Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Able to troubleshoot and problem solve effectively
Supervisory experience preferred
Bilingual preferred (English and Spanish and/or Chinese)
To apply: Submit an application with cover letter and resume by April 16, 2019 through our website Only applications submitted through the RFMH website will be accepted.
The Research Foundation is a private not-for-profit corporation and is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits. Excellent Benefits Package. Employer/Minority/Women/Disabled/Veteran Employer. VEVRAA 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) compliant.
Associated topics: advertise, chief marketing officer, community, demand, donor, mba, public relations, social media, stewardship, university relationship
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.