The New York State Psychiatric Institute (NYSPI) provides top-notch, world-wide clinical, educational and psychiatric research services. Affiliated with both the Columbia University Medical Center and New York State Office of Mental Health and located adjacent to the Columbia University Medical Center and New York Presbyterian Hospital in upper Manhattan, NYSPI programs seek to continue to lead in neurological and psychiatric discovery and care.
Working on the front lines supporting a diverse set of end users, the Support Assistant will work with a well-established team of other computer support professionals to address user needs as effectively, quickly and professionally. This position requires a strong balance of customer service strength and information technology proficiency. Handling requests by phone and in-person, the assistant will send much of the day directly interacting with computer users throughout the Institute. This position will typically work Monday Friday during normal business hours, with some opportunities for off-hours or weekend work to support specific initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
* Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent question
* Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customer
* Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel using ticketing system
* Provide accurate information on IT products or services
* Follow-up and update customer status and information
* Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
* Support the hospital's Electronic Medical Records platforms
* Assist in migrating pcs to Windows 10.
* Proven experience as a help desk technician or other customer support role
* Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products
* Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
* Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
* Ability to carry and assemble computer equipment, sometimes in confined spaces
* Professional experience following and developing IT procedures
* Excellent communication skills
* Customer-oriented and cool-tempered
* Ability to work evening and weekends
* Experience providing level 1 / level 2 IT support over the phone
* Experience supporting IT in a healthcare setting
* Experience supporting IT in an educational setting
* Professional experience with large-scale IT ticketing systems
* Experience providing enterprise support for Windows and MacOS systems
* Experience maintaining and supporting workgroup printers
To apply: Submit an application with cover letter and resume by April 25, 2019 through our website Only applications submitted through the RFMH website will be accepted.
The Research Foundation is a private not-for-profit corporation and is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits. Excellent Benefits Package. Employer/Minority/Women/Disabled/Veteran Employer. VEVRAA 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) compliant.
Associated topics: client support, desk, edi, information technology help desk, information technology support, msword, support, system support, technical support specialist, troubleshoot
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.