One Jeanswear Group designs, markets, produces, and distributes a distinguished portfolio of branded and private label Jeanswear brands throughout North America. We work with retailers in every tier of distribution, seamlessly adapting to the dynamic retail landscape to reach our widespread consumer base. Our focus is on achieving long-term growth by delivering the most innovative product and brand strategies in the market.
ONE Jeanswear Group, Inc. is currently looking for an Associate Technical Designer. This role will have significant interaction with the sales organization. The essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Support Technical Designer in the management of the fit approval process.
* Assist Technical Designer in development of accurate specs and construction details and issuing to the factory.
* Proactive follow up of samples with production team and factories to ensure the time and action calendar is followed.
* Develop a good working relationship with design and production departments.
* Active participation in the fit approval process.
* Assist supervisor in generating and maintaining specs and construction details and issuing to the factory.
* Assist supervisor in maintaining best practices and construction details of the product with consistency with all factories.
* Measure and prepare fit samples for fitting on the model.
* Take detailed notes in model fitting under supervision of technical designer.
* Assist technical designer in communicating the results of the fit sample session to the factory.
* Generate technical construction packages for the factory under supervision of technical designer.
* Must adhere to the department timeline.
* Must be highly motivated to advance the goals of the brand and the technical department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must possess good computer skills, PLM and CAD drawing experience.
* Must have knowledge of fit, patterns and garment construction.
* Attention to detail and accuracy is a required skill.
* Must have good retention of facts and department systems.
* Must have experience communicating with the factories.
* Strong ability to organize and prioritize the department workload.
We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.