Autism Coach (Allston)
Compensation: $49,200.00 - $83,240.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Summary: Works in tandem with individual and LICSW and other important people in their life, to identify and overcome barriers to independence, personal fulfillment and participation in community life.
- Takes direction from the individual in determining what is important to the individual.
- Works alongside individual to support the development and implementation of a Life Plan, to facilitate progress in some of the following areas:
- executive functioning
- personal coping mechanisms
- independent living
- community life
- healthy relationships
- Helps the individual identify his/her strengths and develops a plan of action to capitalize on these positive attributes and to overcome barriers.
- Uses a variety of methods and modalities to reinforce the acquisition of vital information and skills, including collaborative problem-solving, modeling, apps and technology, and naturalistic teaching.
- Reports on progress and participates in meetings as needed.
- Participates in supervision with supervisor at least bi-weekly.
- Preferred: Master's degree in a relevant discipline including Psychology, Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, and two years of post-graduate experience in working with individuals with mental health issues and ASD. In addition, coaches must demonstrate a significant knowledge of and background in developmental disabilities.
- In lieu of a Master's degree, a Bachelor's degree plus 5 years of experience with individuals with mental health issues and ASD as well as a demonstrated working knowledge of and background in developmental disabilities.
Associated topics: academy, coach, college, collegiate, institute, university, varsity
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...