Direct Support Professional (Lowell)
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Northeast Arc is a premier provider of services that help people with disabilities become full participants in the community; choosing for themselves how to live, learn, work, socialize and play. We were founded in 1954 by courageous and determined parents who wanted to ensure that their children and others with disabilities will always have every opportunity to thrive in the community. Come join one of Massachusetts' most established, innovative, and passionate organizations.
Schedule: Sunday 9:00am-5:00pm, Monday 2:00pm-11:00pm, Tuesday 2:00pm-11:00pm, Wednesday 2:00pm-11:00pm, Thursday 3:00pm-7:00pm
- Work directly with individuals with intellectual disabilities to teach, support, and to facilitate choices for people in their homes and within their communities.
- Maintain the safety and security of the group home during overnight hours.
- Must be comfortable with providing total personal care and providing other daily living skill supports as needed.
- Provide hands-on support at the home, including individualized supports in transferring, bathing and grooming, and following specific dining protocols and treatments.
- Complete ISP documentation, incident reporting and other necessary documentation in accordance with Northeast Policies and Procedures and funding Regulations.
- Demonstrate and implement knowledge of Northeast Arc Policy and Procedures, including Code of Conduct and Residential Division Standards as well as funding source regulations. Follow emergency procedures and on call beeper systems.
- Document accurately and thoroughly including in Inter-team Communication Logs, Health Records, Daily Data Books and Fire Drill Logs as outlined in Northeast Arc Policy and Procedures.
- Ensure that the human, civil and legal rights of all individuals are protected. Follow DPPC and mandated reporting guidelines. Teach and promote dignity and reasonable risk with individuals.
- Facilitate meaningful community experiences for each individual that fosters skill acquisition, relationship building and independence.
- Passion to work for a mission based organization.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Experience with individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities, a plus, but not necessary.
- Valid driver's license.
- HS Diploma or GED.
- Obtain and maintain certification in CPR, First Aid, and medication administration.
- Bilingual/Bicultural candidates encouraged to apply
Northeast Arc is one of the largest employers on the North Shore, and we pride ourselves on offering a comprehensive and excellent benefits package. Please visit us at: for a more detailed explanation of benefits.
Loading some great jobs for you...