Provides nursing care to patients in a professional and courteous manner. Carries out Physician orders including, but not limited to, assisting with procedures, administering injections, performing phlebotomy, taking patient calls, cleaning and stocking exam rooms, calling in prescriptions, coordinating supply levels, pre-certifying patients medical services and assisting with other day-to-day operations of the office.
1. Performs patient vital signs, ECG and other required tests, record patient history, obtain accurate medication list and any information the physician may request to enable him/her to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of the patient.
2. Explains normal and abnormal test/lab results to patients and their significant others.
3. Educates patient regarding medications, invasive and non-invasive procedures.
4. Serves as a resource to clinical and non-clinical staff.
5. Communicates with patients, visiting nurses and other physician offices.
6. Schedules and processes paperwork for patient tests, cardiac catheterizations and other invasive procedures, labs, device procedures or office appointments. Calls in prescriptions. Arranges hospital admissions.
7. Priorities medical/emergency phone calls; handles according to office protocol.
8. Ensure exam rooms are clean, stocked appropriately and ready for next patient; ensure equipment is clean/sterile and in working order.
9. May schedule other clinical staff.
10. Performs related duties, as required.
* Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing, required. Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, preferred. Must be enrolled in an accredited program within 24 months of employment, if hired after January 1, 2010 and obtain a BSN Degree within five (5) years of employment date. * Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State * BCLS, required. ACLS, preferred. * Prior physician practice experience, preferred.
Associated topics: asn, ccu, domiciliary, intensive, intensive care unit, maternal, mhb, nurse rn, surgical, unit
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.