Plans, directs and evaluates interdisciplinary care provided to home care patients and families. Acts as a coordinator on the management of patient care. Adheres to NS-LIJHS/department policies and procedures and JCAHO/ regulatory agency requirements. Demonstrates and promotes service excellence at all times.
1. Develops and evaluates a plan of care from the assessments of direct care staff and in conjunction with physicians and Home Care policies.
2. Coordinates and evaluates patient's Home Care plan through case management of services and reports significant changes.
3. Completes all documentation in accordance with the policies and procedures of North Shore - LIJ Home Care Network, NY State and Federal regulations.
4. Obtains and documents authorization and reauthorization for Home Care services from Insurance Case Managers during a patient's home care.
5. Functions as an integral part of the Home Care Team by expanding theoretical knowledge base, improving clinical techniques and enhancing interpersonal relations.
6. Performs job functions in a fiscally responsible manner consistent with the Agency's mission and vision.
7. Performs related duties, as required.
* Graduate of an approved Nursing program. BSN, preferred.
* Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State.
* Minimum of one (1) year medical/surgical nursing experience. Community Health experience, preferred.
Associated topics: asn, care, domiciliary, hospice, intensive, intensive care unit, recovery, registed, registered nurse, unit