The Sr. Physician Assistant oversees scheduling, assigns daily duties and provides guidance and direction to the Physician Assistants in the Division.
* Performs the duties of a Physician Assistant, including the handling of the more complex, technical cases.
* Guides and directs Physician Assistants, as well as, other department staff.
* Performs administrative tasks including, but not limited to, scheduling employees, new employee orientation, quality assurance, cost containment, and payroll, etc.
* Engages in research activities and other special projects.
* Performs related duties, as required.
* Bachelor's Degree, required.
* Graduate of an accredited (Accreditation Review Committee for Physician Assistant Programs (ARC-PA) program, required.
* Licensed Physician Assistant (LPA) by the New York State Department of Education, required.
* Current NCCPA Certification from the National Commission on the Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA), required.
* Current BLS and ACLS certification, required.
* Minimum of one (1) year experience in the department, required and must demonstrate superior knowledge and ability to perform all tasks within the delineation of privileges for that department.
Associated topics: bilingual, care physician, clinic, family, family medicine, general practice, physician md, primary, urgent, urgent care