At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Chemist/Scientist located at the Allegany Ballistics Laboratory near Cumberland, MD. This position will support the development and manufacture of propellant, explosive and adhesive formulations for rocket motor and warhead programs.
- Manage propellant production from subscale through production for assigned programs
- Formulating existing and novel energetic and adhesive compositions
- Proactively interact within cross-functional program teams
- Interface with internal and external customers
- Statistical based analysis of physical and chemical technical data
- Perform duties within industry specific regulations regarding safety, product and material requirements and plant operations
- Takes responsibility for assuring quality, cost effectiveness and timely completion of projects
- Perform technical planning, cost estimation and general proposal support for new business captures
Bachelor s degree in Chemistry or related science field, M.S. or Ph.D. preferred
2 years of related work experience in energetics, adhesives or other chemistry field
Able to obtain a Secret Clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship as a prerequisite
Loading some great jobs for you...