Data Management Analyst
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Location: Milwaukee Corp, WI 001
At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the Role?
This is for a position as a Data Management Analyst/Modeler on the Business Information Integration Platform (BIIP) product team located within the data engineering organization. This team is responsible for acquiring and preparing high quality enterprise information for our business partners to understand what is happening (Operational Applications), what has happened (Business Intelligence & Reporting), and what will happen (Advanced Analytics) within their business areas. This role within the team will be responsible for capturing and modeling data requirements, data definitions, business rules, data quality requirements, and logical/physical data models to ensure data solutions are meeting our customers data quality needs.
- Use a variety of information gathering techniques (e.g., interviews, facilitation, diagrams) to gather complex business data requirements from Business teams. Collaborate with the team to research, evaluate and select the appropriate data sources
- Serve as the business modeler / data analyst for data projects and initiatives, creating conceptual and logical business models used to generate physical data models and database schema.
- Document data model metadata - data models, data definitions, data relationships/dependencies, data values, data lineage, data restrictions, data retention policies, data usage policies;
- Ensure project data model compliance with Enterprise Requirements - definitions, regulatory, privacy, quality, and governance during design and implementation of database development, modeling and analysis projects;
- Partner with DBAs to transform logical data models into physical database designs while optimizing the performance and maintainability of the physical database
- Ensure that the database designs fulfill the requirements, including data volume, frequency needs, and long-term data growth.
- Become a subject matter expert in understanding not only where the data is and how to get it, but also what the information means and how to use it. This includes understand business procedures, and develop a detailed knowledge of underlying data repositories and data products, including current and future uses of data, and creating and refining data models from requirements, business operations, and current systems
- Leverage SQL and other technical skills to assist with tuning and delivering SQL queries for data management and data extraction.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Minimum 8 years of experience in applying data management principles and industry standards to design, build and maintain complex data model assets in Transactional/Operational, ODS, Data Warehouse and Data Marts applications
- Experience with metadata management discipline and practices
- Advanced skills in ER design, dimensional design, canonical design, object design, UML
- Experience with data modelling tools (e.g. ErWin, Er/Studio)
- Experience in Data analysis and mapping, creation and usage of metadata
- Strong SQL knowledge including writing and review complex SQL statements and performance tuning to handle scale, agility, and changes
- Understanding and experience with the following data technologies areas preferred:
- ETL data solutions including Informatica PowerCenter or Power Exchange ETL Tools
- Experience and knowledge around scripting, deployment, and automation technologies
- Experience working with multiple relational databases including DB2
- Database latency, availability, and workload utilization monitoring tools
- Responsible for staying current with enterprise standards, industry standards and technologies, methodologies and best practices
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client's interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Loading some great jobs for you...