Health care professional responsible for real time data collection and monitoring of a patient's nervous system throughout surgery. In addition, he/she must establish and maintain open cooperation and communication with the surgical team, which includes interaction with the surgeon. Additional responsibilities include pre-operative patient assessments and post-operative billing uploads.
* Consult with surgeon regarding structures at risk and modalities to be monitored. * Interact with patient, when applicable, to obtain a detailed history and clearly explain the neurophysiological tests to be performed. * Accurate placement of stimulating and recording electrodes using the 10-20 system of electrode placement. * Display and label waveforms for marking, measuring and calculating information such as latencies, amplitudes and conduction times following established guidelines and protocols. * Identify appropriate protocol and perform troubleshooting techniques to assure accurate data collection. * Communicate with the surgeon and surgical team throughout the case to relay monitoring information. * Complete all required documentation and accurately prepare all IOM logs, files and uploads. * Maintain equipment in proper working order and conduct required maintenance checks. * Deliver services according to Company procedures/standards.
* Basic knowledge and understanding of the following: * The surgical procedure being performed including blood pressure and other physiologic factors. * The anatomy of monitored pathways, including source of blood supply and electrode derivations and generators of EP components. * Pre-operative deficits, intraoperative injuries and possible post operative outcomes. * Waveform changes. * Principles of modern anesthetic techniques. * The operating room environment. * Electrical safety issues and the effects of other equipment on the quality of the intraoperative monitoring.
* Time management and organizational skills. * Ability to participate in hospital in-service programs, professional meetings and seminars. * Continually advance skill set by reading books, professional journal articles and online training materials. * Participate in research opportunities. * Ability to adapt to change in the work environment, manage competing demands and deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events. * Ability to handle the demands of regular travel. * Must be able to effectively communicate (in English) with surgeon and surgical staff. * Ability to maintain professional and positive relationships with surgeons/hospitals. * Proactively check/maintain a schedule on a daily basis.
* Lift and carry up to 50 pounds unassisted: lift heavier loads with assistance. * Lift supplies and place equipment on supports. * Ability to bend over to perform certain duties. * Stand for several periods of time. * Visual and auditory skills. * Manual dexterity. * Wear gloves, masks, gowns and goggles for extended periods of time. * Ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
* Bachelor's Degree or CNIM Eligible
* CNIM Certified
* CNIM Certified * Handle the clinical demands/needs of the territory and the education requirement of those demands & Facilitate and participate in training.
* CNIM Certified or CNIM Eligible
When applying to this role you will be completing a 20 - 30 minute assessment. Please make sure you have enough time to thoughtfully complete the assessment before initiating your application. We look forward to learning more about your qualifications for the role! Thank you for your time.
NuVasive Clinical Services is a leading provider of intraoperative neuromonitoring (IONM) services to surgeons and healthcare facilities, through the acquisitions of