Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City's diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City's five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
The Marketing Department is the keeper of the NYCEDC brand, providing marketing support including strategy, creative, online, and social media to all divisions within NYCEDC. Marketing also provides support to City Hall and other city agencies on individual projects and programs.
Your Role: The Webmaster/Copywriter (Project Manager) will support NYCEDC's Marketing efforts by managing day to day operations of NYCEDC's primary website (edc.nyc) and collection of microsites. The Webmaster/Copywriter will work with teams throughout the organization to ensure content on the site is kept current, and that new content creation needs are met. The Webmaster/ Copywriter will work closely with the AVP, Writer/Content Developers, and Marketing Strategy team to shape editorial priorities for the website, and execute on those plans.
* Manage content on edc.nyc (Drupal 8) and NYCEDC-related microsites
* Draft new and edit existing content to ensure site is up to date
* Build new pages using established editorial style guide
* Manage event calendar, keeping a steady stream of new content
* Hold regular meetings with agency departments to ensure web content is up to date and future needs are assessed; meet regularly with key internal stakeholders to make sure site remains accurate
* Draft blog posts, explainers and FAQs
* Oversee site analytics, running regular reports and ensuring the site adheres to SEO best practices
* Assist with building email collateral as needed
* Proofreading and copyediting of Marketing communications
* Demonstrated experience in web content management
* Experience with tracking and analyzing website analytics (Google Analytics)
* Familiarity with SEO best practices and tagging requirements
* Basic technical knowledge of HTML and web publishing (Drupal8 preferred)
* Writing clearly and concisely, with fastidious attention to grammar and punctuation
* Adapting and editing industry-specific content to be understood by a general audience
* Maintaining corporate style guides or brand guidelines (e.g., Chicago and AP style)
* Strong teamwork skills and the ability to work collaboratively
* Ability to work efficiently, meet deadlines, and handle multiple assignments
* Articulate communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
* Organized, reliable self-starter with the ability to prioritize and multitask
* Ability to maintain professionalism and quality work in high-pressure situations
* Undergraduate degree required
* 5+ years' experience writing and developing content in a corporate and/or institutional setting
* Demonstrated proficiency in HTML and CSS, and in CMS content management (Drupal8)
* Proficiency in Google Analytics and SEO best practices
* Proficiency in using Mac and PC platforms, Microsoft Office programs (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Adobe Acrobat
* New York City residence is required within 180 days of hire
New York City Economic Development Corporation is the City's primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. NYCEDC's mission is to stimulate job growth through expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment, generate prosperity and strengthen the City's competitive position. NYCEDC serves as an advocate to the business community by building relationships with companies that allow them to take advantage of New York City's many opportunities. Additional information on NYCEDC can be found by visiting
Our Diversity & Inclusion Mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. Like the city of New York, NYCEDC knows our strength comes from each of our connected parts, making the fabric of our organization better and stronger because of our unique employees' talents. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone's contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NYCEDC offers excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, heavily-subsidized medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave, commitment to work-life balance, and discounted gym memberships and Broadway tickets.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task