BE A ASSISTANT NEGOTIATOR @ PHD
Who we're looking for:
A solution-seeker who always looks on the bright side, and is willing to jump over obstacles to get the work from good to great. Highly skilled in their craft and courageous in their approach. A battle buddy who's always got your back. An avid listener who isn't afraid to share their opinion to help our work progress. They know there's no 'i' in team.
At PHD, we value our culture above anything else, and that culture is built on the spirit of our people. We're looking for tireless optimists, happy warriors, and fearless collaborators who bring that extra dose of contagious energy.
If you're looking for some of the same, PHD might be for you.
A week in the life of an Assistant Negotiator:
You'll join us at our conveniently located midtown east office, a stone's throw from Grand Central, where you'll jump into a diverse, collaborative, eclectic bunch with wide-ranging backgrounds in media planning, creative strategy, gaming, data sciences, and consumer and cultural insights. The Assistant Negotiator is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance for the implementation, monitoring and stewardship of approved plans in the Broadcast Investment Group.
* Assist negotiators/supervisor on all buying responsibilities.
* Make sure all requests from planning are signed off and forwarded to appropriate person, including the input of media goals.
* Allocate, adjust and monitor schedules to ensure delivery to client goals/network guarantees.
* Screen prime programming prior to air.
* Work with Strategy and the Strategic Business Units to meet budget requirements and coordinate commercial scheduling.
* Work with Analyst to gather data to facilitate the buying process including RFPs, circulation data, rate cards, closing dates, rep lists, etc.
* Aid in the development and confirmation of positioning for each ad placement, reports and securing make-goods on a quarterly basis.
* Develop an understanding of the broadcast marketplace.
* Attend internal and external media presentations and meetings.
What you'll need to succeed:
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
* Must be organized, detail oriented with excellent time management skills and able to multi-task between many clients.
* Proven interpersonal, analytical and communication skills.
* 4-year college degree with course work emphasis in advertising.
* Analytical thinking.
* Fluency in mathematical concepts.
* Ability to translate data into well-articulated ideas.
* Teamwork and ability to foster a strong, cohesive working team.
* Prioritization skills (multi-tasking).
* Ability to understand media data sources in terms of what is measured, the method, and information reported.
* Appreciation of the principles of marketing and advertising, as well as an understanding of media concepts and terms, creative and budget requirements.
* Problem solving.
* Ability to formulate solutions to media problems.
* Ability to articulate the scope of a client's business challenge.
* Verbal/written communication skills.
* Ability to write clearly and concisely and present orally in an articulate and confident manner.
* Ability to effectively and comfortably communicate and interact with clients and vendors.
* Ability to articulate objectives, opportunities and techniques.
What you can expect:
* The chance to grow the agency, yourself and your team.
* Freedom to collaborate with over 4,000 colleagues in 80 offices worldwide.
* Opportunity to share your ideas across the agency.
* A seat at the big kids table.
* A place that cares about your personal passions as much as we do your work.
* At PHD, you'll have a stage to shine your light; we believe it's guys like you who make us the happy, scrappy, creative media agency we are today.
PHD is an equal opportunity employer.
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) status: Non-Exempt.