We are changing how health insurance works. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent and human. We need your help to do so. We brought together leaders from top technology, service and healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
What is the position
In this role, you will join the Strategic Pricing team - which works closely with senior leadership to develop and execute pricing decisions for all Oscar products through a unique combination of data analytics and business intuition
* Craft recommendations using a data-driven approach combined with business intuition for c-suite executives to make pricing decisions that impact the organization's bottom line
* Source, organize, and analyze data to support all initiatives in the Strategic Pricing team
* Create models and tools that produce actionable business insights to drive company-wide strategic decisions, including understanding profitability tradeoffs, market trends, and key drivers
Who are you
* Entrepreneurial spirit: you take the initiative to identify gaps and tackle problems that might be outside of your day-to-day responsibilities
* Analytical and strategic mindset: you have an interest and willingness to learn more about broader business strategic tradeoffs and decisions
* Collaborative attitude: you are able to work effectively with other teams across the organization using your leadership ability, communication skills, and organizational awareness
* BS/BA degree in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Economics
* 2+ years of experience working with large scale datasets and distilling them into actionable business insights to drive strategic decision making
* Ability to design, build, and maintain databases
* Strong proficiency using SQL, R, and/or Python to manipulate and analyze data
* Prior experience in Healthcare and/or Insurance industry is a plus
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (...@hioscar.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Associated topics: business analyst, capital, commercial, consultant, economics, financial, insurer, pricing, real estate, valuation